Q's Wedding Thread

Neat, congratulations! You two are cute. Busy wedding season this year... I was in my cousin's wedding on the day you started the thread, and my sister got married in July.

We're back from our honeymoon now - it was great, even the weather stayed warm and sunny all throughout (which is pretty unusual for Poland in September). Thanks for all the congratulations and best wishes, guys! :)

Where did you go to if I may ask? Anyway, welcome back!
We went to this place in the north-east corner of Poland. Hiking, paddling around the lake, that kind of thing. A bit too late in the year to go swimming, but otherwise perfect. Really, really quiet - in the middle of the lake, you could hear it when someone was talking on the shore. And good food, too (which is fortunate, because the nearest store was about an hour's walk away). Afterwards, we also went for a few days to Lithuania, which is a great place to visit as well, especially Vilnius.

Sounds and looks beautiful. Only recently have I learned to appreciate vacations in places where it's just quiet.

Hey Q, that is one of the most beautiful churches I've seen in a while, it's as ornate as Mission Church in my old home town. If you don't mind me asking, is that RC, Orthodox, or a different denomination?

It's a Roman Catholic church, dating back from 1739 - built in the baroque style. Eastern Poland and the territories that used to be a part of Poland (Lithuania, most of Belarus and half of Ukraine) has a lot of really amazing churches dating back to that period (in the west, the most interesting churches are usually much older, gothic ones - the east was much more sparsely populated and wooded, so they transitioned from wooden churches to masonry much later).

It's a Roman Catholic church, dating back from 1739 - built in the baroque style. Eastern Poland and the territories that used to be a part of Poland (Lithuania, most of Belarus and half of Ukraine) has a lot of really amazing churches dating back to that period (in the west, the most interesting churches are usually much older, gothic ones - the east was much more sparsely populated and wooded, so they transitioned from wooden churches to masonry much later).

I know where I'm taking my next vacation :D

What Town are you from Q.? Eastern Poland is VERY beautiful. I'll try to visit it next year..
Heh, I'm from Toruń, so I'm actually from the north. But as tradition dictates, the wedding was held in my wife's hometown, Ciechanowiec - a little town of about 5,000 people, about two hours to the east of Warsaw.

Back