Privateer

Try coreward of Sol Sector. ;)

What I always found funny was landing at Perry - certain missions would sometimes dump pirates, Retros or Kilrathi there. As the centre of all Confed operations, they should have all available fighter wings to clear them off, not some scrubby little Privateer. :)

Hmmm, but that's part of the plot, isn't it? IIRC, at one point in the game, Captain Goodin tells you that Confed is hiring privateers because they're already more than busy enough, and then she gives you some missions like patrolling Nitir and some other systems that are really short jumps from Perry... doesn't she? Damn it's been a long time since I've played P1 :p

Anyway, Confed's forces are probably fighting closer to the Kilrathi controlled systems... maybe they just don't see a point in sending fighters after two or three Dralthis who slipped past the blockaded systems and into terran space. I mean, it's obvious that those cats will end up dead soon, Confed or no Confed.

--Eder

Righteous Fire, IIRC.

I can understand Confed being spread thin on the Blockade Points (things are always slipping through, Retros and pirates to Kilrathi, Kilrathi to Confed) but when the enemy reaches spitting distance to your home base, you go after them, no matter what.

It's like saying, "Oh, look. A lone Kilrathi carrier is approaching Earth. Let's ignore it, it'll be dead sooner or later." Wait, no, they did say that in the movie! :)

Yeah, youd think that the blockaid points would be there most protective spots. Considering thats were the Kilrathi would come threw if they wanted to get into confed space.

Confed did a fine job of defending Gemini with limited resources -- the last major battle in Gemini was in 2658.

Excuse the topic drift-is Righteous Fire free available on the internet like Secret Operations for WC1?:confused:

No! Although it's very hard to have a copy of Privateer that *doesn't* have RF with it... it's on any CD version of Priv.

I just read that fanfic a few days ago, and here someone is treating it like canon.. hehe

OR, I wonder if he wrote the fic, and was waiting for someone to say they are similar so he could point to his fic. Dunno

It was weird when kilrathi appeared at Perry. In the game, every delivery mission had a bad guy waiting at the delivery point, and no one decided to make an exception for Perry..

They couldn't be bothered making an exception to the rule, probably. And it could make missions a bit easy if you knew there'd be no bad guys at Perry - though I suppose you could add enemies en route, or reduce the pay of the mission.

I have had cargo missions where there are no enemies waiting at the delivery point. I've also had three (high paying) patrols simultaneously in New Detroit with no one to fight, and although the money is good, when you're already a multi-millionaire, it gets a bit pointless and a bit disappointing.

What I would have liked for Perry is if there were 'traditional' enemies buzzing the base (ie pirates, Retros, Kilrathi), there would already be Confed ships in space defending the base. Of course, at the harder difficulty levels (when you have too much money, etc) there's usually four enemies at a navpoint, so extra ships may not have been possible (I mentioned a while ago that having extra Kilrathi along with plot mission mercenaries kept crashing Privateer).

Back