Privateer

Originally posted by Darkwarrior
Has anyone notice the similar and diffirence between the brown hair guy and seether?
This makes about as much sense as coming in here and saying, "Has anyone noticed the similarities and differences between the moon and Domino's Pizza?" and I don't see how it merits asking, since the answer is obviously Yes. Yes, we have noticed the similarities and differences between Seether and Burrows, as we have with all things, moons and pizza included.

What I was saying that they both were the result of the GE program that confed started during the war to replace the pilots that were lost

IIRC, the GE program was a black op to create a limited number of ultimate pilots to destroy the Kilrathi, not to replace losses

dude, you got to have smoked some evil weed

brownhair a GE program result? you are aware of how absurd that is?

first, there is no sense in that. what similarities are you talking about anyway?

and, if you read privateer´s manual, it tells of his story
not to mention I cant imagine how a GE pilot would end a privateer in gemini with no one knowing (I mean the program/people that created it)

Priv also happens some 4 years before
If we know by the manual he was a priv for a few years before, it only makes things less likely
ok, thats not really a big point, its just one

it makes no sense anyway that he would be one

BTW, the GE program wasnt to kill the kats, but to prepare humanity for any new enemy, since the Kilrathi have almost won if not for one last resort suicide gamble (blowing up kilrah)

The idea of the GE program was just to build a better soldier -- Tolwyn took the program to support his defend-mankind-in-the-future idea, but it was initially one of those crazy plans to try and help win the Kilrathi war.

(One of which, of ourse, worked).

Mr. Burrows, though, has absolutely no relation to the GE program or the events of Wing Commander IV.

Well... how remote is Gemini sector from Confed.

Aside a few sources (correction, can't think of any sources), I never heard of Gemini sector mentioned around the WC Universe.

Such as the ships, or Oxford universitiy.. the Steltek... the ISOMETAL alloy...

Originally posted by TheFraix
Aside a few sources (correction, can't think of any sources), I never heard of Gemini sector mentioned around the WC Universe.

Gemini made it in to the map that came with Prophecy (at least certain versions of it) Other than that, it didn't get any mentions in the rest of the games or novels, with the excpetion of course of Priv and RF. Otherwise nothing except perhaps in one of the Prima guides, never owned one, so I can't say.

The lack of mention is quite a shame. I thought it was very fertile ground for more games & perhaps a novel or two. I think it would still be an interesting place in the post war phase. Confed may try to reassert itself to clean up the crime and corruption that seem rampant in the sector. You have Kilrathi near by that may not agree with the peace. You have the remains of the Church of Man which could be a minor or major threat. You might even have disillusioned Kilrathi selling themselves as muscle for Roman Lynch's organization. He has to replace Miggs with someone...

Yes, Priv1 was in Gemini

Gemini is a sector "north" of Sol
Its also the one 'south" of the one where my rpg is in. Since you play in it, Fraix, you should have known :)

Gemini seems to be less Confed by an obvious reason
the only (few) jumps from the kats into it are blockaded
they are also not all that important (directly) to the kilrathi war effort against the confederation

for this reason, confed leaves most of its defense to InSys forces (militias) and mercs
thats quite closed to what happens in wcf rpg (difference is that some colonies broke away from the confederation for lack of protection)

sorry, had to drop a plug about the game :)

Back