Privateer Remake 1.0 - Bugs

the game is expanding, the feds are gettin more resources to battle the kilrathi...
In The New System Theres 2 Jump Points, 1 Says Jump Back To Pyranees the other says, NOT LOADED, not sure what this means, just thought the feds
are still working on the system or theres somethin wrong with the expanding...

*Wish I Wasnt Greedy*
-Drop Your're Cargo Before You Blow, Will Ya-

Enemy AI is just stupid. We're not talking challenging here, or difficult, but stupid. Fighting heavy enemy ships takes forever. As soon as you damage them, they run away and go into this bizarre corkscrew manoeuvre that always keeps their damaged facing away from you. This makes the old strategy of trying to focus your fire on one side of the enemy totally pointless - now you just have to blaze away and hope you can peel off all their shields. (Or, you know, hit at all)

Another problem is that Talons, especially, will simply fly right up next to you and park there, and then open fire with all their guns at once. This is a serious problem when one has just launched from a base, as they can usually rip off an entire facing's worth of shields and a considerable amount of armor.

In general, the AI opponents almost seem to be capable of changing their vector in arbitrary ways.

Note that this is at medium difficulty.

I've also noticed some strange problems with mission enemies spawning at seemingly random waypoints. In one case, I jumped into a system for a "defend" mission, and the enemies were sitting right there by the waypoint... With the ship they were supposed to be attacking over 90K away! In another case, they were in a completely different system!

Annoying one, for me.
Afterburner sound when hitting "Tab" key, even when no afterburner is onboard.
AND...
If speed is set to "0," hitting "Tab" will bring you to cruise speed, without afterburners.

And has anyone noticed how big the ejection seat is?
I flew it back to New Constantinople, called in a back-up ship, and the ejection seat was bigger than my Centurion, or my Tarsus.

Another annoying thing, on Jolson, and Oxford, my ships were lit from underneath, with the exposed tops of the ships in deep, dark shadows.

And, as an OLDE "Keyboard Jock," the keyboard controls are suicidally slow.
(See the note about the ejection seat!)
The mouse controls are kinda like Freelancer, which I'm used to, but I prefer keyboard controls.
(I'm not a joystick fan/owner.)

The "Autopilot" control is about as useless as can be.
Sure, it'll point you in the right direction, but you'll get there faster with afterburners.

Which reminds me...
Engaging the afterburners runs the power down to zero, real fast.
BUT...
Once power reaches zero, the afterburners stay at full power!?!!

F9 match speed wierdness - match speed with a fast ship, and suddenly your max speed is + whatever speed that ship was going.

I'm having a serious problem. All of a sudden bases and asteroid fields are rotating at an insainly fast speed. Its suicidal to try to go through an asteroid field. Try making it in or out of the bases that have rocks around them... its fun. Even bases with no rocks spin like crazy.

Anyone know how to fix this??? Its making it very hard to play.

Thanks

F9 "Match Speed" problems...
Matched speed with a Kilrathi ship, and it continued to pull away at top speed.
Matched speed with a Kilrathi ship, and I kept flying up it's butt. (Very common problem.)
Matched speed with a Kilrathi ship, blew it up, and THEN my speed jumped to 1000.

yes we're removing the ability to F9 with a ship from 1.01 we htought you could only F9 with cargo in 1.0 but apparently the code stated otherwise

Ambush spawns

When an ambush happens the bad guys tend to spawn right on your six. On med difficulty I've been instadeathed in my fully equipped galaxy.
On a hunch I tried sitting in the turret just before a spawn happens, in this case the enemies end up spawning a good 100k away, which is probably another bug, but certainly makes the missions survivable.

i think matching speed with a ship is something should be kept around... just remove the ability to therefore go faster than your ship's top speed.

meanwhile, the game doesn't handle multiple joysticks - it only detects the first.

Huh

I'm trying to fight ~12 Kilrathi on the mission to Gamma. Can that be right? Seems more or less impossible to me.

nmrgeek said:
Postive standing with Kilrathi. THis should not happen they are trying to kill all humans. Their fighters show up green and do not attack. This happens after I kill bunches of retros and pirates they are -100 and the cats are +40.

Acutally I do not think this a bug in the buggy sense (at least there is a certain twisted logic to it). Kitties LIKE IT when you kill other humans (Retros and Pirates hopefully, else shame on you) so since you are doing their job for them... as it were. You get better faction.

No "Ghost reticule"

No "Ghost reticule" : When you use the "use mouse control" option, there should be a "Ghost reticule" to indicate where you are turning your ship to.
I don't have this reticule & I can't play this game without it.
Is there a solution to this? I already searched in the forum but didn't find anything

Confed, "a ghost retucule to indicate where you are turning to" wouldn't make sense, since any mouse offset *keeps* turning the ship. (if I understand what you are saying)

What *would* be extremely useful, IMHO, is a change in color of the X when not centered (+-) or making it something different from an X. The reason is that it seems to indicate that you can actually fire at something under the X, but (unlike e.g. Freelancer), the guns are on a fixed mount, capable of firing only straight.

without a ghost reticule (the mouse pointer in flight mode), It's very difficult to position my mouse in the center of the screen (the dead zone)

According to the manual it should be in the game : (page 17)
"Mouse Control" – Provides a 'ghost' targeting reticule that is movable around the screen. When
moved away from the center, your ship will turn in the direction of the
reticule. Re-centering the reticule to cease turning. This option does not
require continually moving the mouse to continue a turn.

I have that problem on the work computer, but not on the computer at home. Also on the computer at work, I get nothing on the radar, nothing but letters (no circles, no squares, no jump lines, nothing else) in the nav screen, and no pause screen.

After some practice, I can get from one place to another with no ghost reticule, but forget about trying to fight- I just ESC-Q if I cannot get untangled from someone, and try again.

-thehawk

Help!!

thehawk said:
I have that problem on the work computer, but not on the computer at home. Also on the computer at work, I get nothing on the radar, nothing but letters (no circles, no squares, no jump lines, nothing else) in the nav screen, and no pause screen.
After some practice, I can get from one place to another with no ghost reticule, but forget about trying to fight- I just ESC-Q if I cannot get untangled from someone, and try again.
-thehawk

Maybe it's a problem that only occurs on XP professional edition & not Home edition?
Without dogfighting, the game is not a lot of fun & you can't finish the plot without fighting

Confed said:
without a ghost reticule (the mouse pointer in flight mode), It's very difficult to position my mouse in the center of the screen (the dead zone)
Uhmm.. so you're missing the pointer? Yeah, that sounds like a problem.
Maybe it's a problem that only occurs on XP professional edition & not Home edition?
Works on my WinXP Pro (SP2) system.

My system at home is XP Pro (SP2) as well, while the system here is Win2K (SP4). I am more inclined to think it is a video thing, and not really an operating system thing, but I have not done enough fiddling with things to be able to give an accurate account of things.

All I know right now: This system, i82854G/Celeron 2.0 GHz, blurry bases/hardware cursor (this gives me a cursor while landed, but not in space, all other modes give me neither), home system: Radeon 9600XT/P4 2.4 GHz, graphics turned all the way up (and all is perty).

-thehawk

Had problems when fighting talons at New Detroit they cept Clipping through the base.
Bought a cloaking device for 0.00 and it sells for 5.00.
If you can get on perry or New Constantinople i think that there Hast to be Someone that wants contraband! In fact it might go at more than avrege price because is so hard to get on the base with it ! (the price was 0.00 at both places.)

Back