Privateer Remake 1.0 - Bugs

-Shield display. The system doesn't seem to be able to decide what length the shield power bars ought to be.
-Recharge rate. Switches betweens afterburners don't drain, do, don't, do...
-I can't exlude this being plot related but there have been incidents of targets changing affiliation nilly-willy. Like the rebel base in Palan going green-yellow-red for no discernable reason, Kilrathi enemy targets (with me having a negative 100% faction rating) turning ally suddenly...
-Mission target display. Why can't I see mission steps in the Exploratory Corps missions until I'm in the final system? It works for all other missions...
-Missions that require me to kill 20 Kamekhs. You gotta be fucking kidding me.
-Save/reload seems to mess with already accepted missions.
-I'd like to second monkeyboy's complaint about the h button. Those'take out 20 enemies and you earn a pittance' missions (and the occasional lucrative ones) would be a hell of a lot more doable if h targeted the closest enemy instead of a random one (at least, that's what it appears to do).
-Is there any particular reason the game will only notice one joystick button being pressed at a time (at the very least for the Saitek Cyber 3D)?

That being said, this is one mother of a redo. OUTSTANDING work, people.

Landing on Jolson after getting the Steltek gun but before completing the Goodin missions results in the start of Righteous Fire. The egg also still follows you around, blowing up the world willy nilly.

My faction status with the pirates went from negative to zero, but showed 75e-00599 instead of zero, probably a float add/substract or display bug.

Turrets on centurions and orions can fire forwards through your ship. I most often see this when I first buy the ship and outfit it. After exiting and reloading the game it fixes it most of the time.

When I buy a new ship from the dealer, my new ship is comes with prepackaged cargo. Usually worth alot too. Ahh, 50 robot workers to sell. I'm guessing the dealer must have been really desperate to make a sale.

JazzMan said:
Turrets on centurions and orions can fire forwards through your ship. I most often see this when I first buy the ship and outfit it. After exiting and reloading the game it fixes it most of the time.
Same for the Broadsword. It certainly comes in handy at times but somehow I doubt that's intentional :p

Ultimate (cargo) description:
  • Typo: "While the extract is not not intrinisically toxic..." should be "While the extract is not intrinsically toxic..."

bugs?

`The Orion had 2 Missile Mounts in the original-
`The Pirates and the Kilrathi We're Allies In The Original-
`(Pirates take bounty' missions for Hunters, Feds etc.)-
`Retros Friendly? Shouldnt Be Possible Since They Are
Fanatic....-
`Talon Wont Cloak-
`The Shields On Perry/New Constanople Wont Fully Recharge The Flanks...-
`Perry Doesnt Defend itself from invasion by Kilrathi Cap Ships.-
`Lots of Typos in Story Line,missions,news,ect.(keep it on the d&l)-
`FF Missiles Will Only Fire When The Target Ship Is In Front Of You.
(in the original you could fire ff missiles while you were maken a get-a-way)-
`Upgrades (big bugs) (original allowd shied n reactor upgrades maxd on
all ships... the original 3 starships)-

• jumping unshielded can damage your armor and even destroy your ship
  • missing jump point in last rf mission
  • can autopilot through asteroid fields in some conditions

State of the universe the same after a reload.

Save the game. Launch. Detonate your ship, and your chair.
Load again.
Launch. The system contains pieces of your previous ship.

This persistence of the outside universe through a reload of a saved game - aside
from being a way to create more salvage - also has effects in other ways. Ships are
still in-system and so on. This seems to affect certain missions in strange ways.

I think that the quake-style "respawn" is there in foreseeing a multiplayer option -- in SP, the game should just reload the last save.

Rhygannon base never refreshes it's supply of missiles. Along with the random enemies that appear during the ES missions on top of the mission enemies means you run out of reloads very quickly.
I had to hack the savegame in order to reload my launchers.

• a fixer at the pirate base in pentonville just gave me a cargo mission ... to the pirate base in pentonville.

easiest 6kcred i ever made

ETA: and it's happened eight times in a row so far. takeoff, land, between 6kcred and 11kcred each time.

Murphy's first two missions were at the jump to tingerhoff in the original game, in the remake, they are at the planet, Palan.

When starting the Righteous Fire campaign, the steltek artifact should be removed along with the gun. It's easy enough to dump it, but to make it like the original game, it should be removed with the gun.

Also, in playing the Righteous Fire campaign, I noticed at least one of the salthis spawned had the steltek gun. They aren't supposed to have that gun until the last mission (at least, the floppy disk version, the CD version just gave them fusion guns) All of the Salthis should have particle cannons only, until the last mission. I think it was the last Goodin mission before she tells you about the bounty on Menesch.

--Brandon Young

Outfitting ships

Don't know wheather this has been posted before, but outfitting ships is somewhat buggy.
There are more than one devices of the same type installable on a ship.

If I buy a reactor lvl 9 and have already one installed, it just adds in the list instead of removing the other.
If you have 3 radarsets of different type installed and all get damaged, you cant sell anything of the damaged parts. it just tells that there are parts damaged and that you will not get the full price if you try to sell them now. BUT THERE IS NO "SELL" BUTTON! I tryed to fix them one by one. Impossible. First one works. Fixing the second, the first one gets listed as damaged again.

Best ragards
Madcat

• tractor beam won't retract if not an active gun
  • tarsus in rf is supposed be able to mount better reactors/shields (4/3, i think)
  • the game will let you mount afterburners on a broadsword, but they don't work
  • some ships that are supposed to arrive in waves don't - this makes (for instance) the last flight of rf fiendishly difficult instead of merely demonically difficult
  • actually, perhaps due to better light fighter ai, the game as a whole is harder than the original. toning down the numbers of enemies might help

apologies for the dbl post, but there's no edit button on my most recent.

• cargo prices really need work. i just saw iron priced lower than generic food on an agricultural planet. not to mention that (despite all the dialogue indicating a ton of it goes there) you can't sell brilliance on new constantinople. actually, contraband in general should have a higher profit margin - 100 cred/hold for running kill-on-sight cargo?

Back