Privateer commodities patch

MamiyaOtaru

Spaceman
One thing I disliked about Privateer was that it's just about impossible to make a living trading, or pirating. Buying grain on an ag world and selling it elsewhere doesn't make much. Shooting other ships doesn't get you enough debris.

Just yesterday though, I saw a patch that tweaked the commodities prices, making pure trading a bit more lucrative. It also made it so that all destroyed ships barfed out SOMETHING salvageable (space salvage at the least)

Problem is, i forgot to dl it, or bookmark it even, and now that my Priv CD is cleaned and working again (first time in 4 years), I really want that patch!

I have searched all over, through links sections, google, etc. Does anyone know where this patch is? Pleaseput up a URL if so
----------------
ring

You know, I swear I saw that just the other day. I think I can have it for you tomorrow, if it's not too much trouble. :) If LOAF comes back surely he can bend reality to your needs :D.

Originally posted by Bob McDob
You know, I swear I saw that just the other day. I think I can have it for you tomorrow, if it's not too much trouble. If LOAF comes back surely he can bend reality to your needs .
That would be awesome. I guess I can go to bed now. (of course, I thought I could find it again, and see where I am :D )
Thanks
-------------------
ask me if LOAF's a god

Actually, I always thought the commodity prices were fine. You just had to find some good routes and supplement with trade oriented missions from the guilds to bring in more cash. You can't expect trading to be a get rich quick scheme. How many really, really wealthy truckers do you know?

I have to agree fully on piracy though. Drayman's must carry a lot of cargo, I'd like to see more of it in space when they jetison their cargo.

This is kinda off the subject about the patch. But if you go to pentaville and stock up on contraband and sell it to the neighboring system, the closest one with a pleasure planet(cant remember the name but its like two or three jumps away) and just go back and forth between the systems you'll make some good credits and I've always had light patrols threw there if any.

[Edited by -=\/\/olf=- on 07-11-2001 at 20:43]

The system is Padre and the planet is Magdeline.
a patch for P1 to tweak sales money ??????

Thanks Ghost, Im away from home right now so I couldn't look the names up on the map I drew of the Gemini Sector.
And yeah I've heard of a patch like that were it makes the commodities more profitable. I don't know the site off hand sense im not sure if I got it booked marked and if I do it would be on my home computer only. :(

Originally posted by Wolf Dog
I have to agree fully on piracy though. Drayman's must carry a lot of cargo, I'd like to see more of it in space when they jetison their cargo.

With all due respect, if you blow up a ship its unlikely that much cargo will survive :)

Also, a Drayman would only jettison if it knew they wouldn't be killed. Whats the point in giving cargo away even if you were to be killed anyway? I wouldn't let the buggers get away with anything!

I agree Redwolf. If I was going down in a Draymen and the pirates wanted my cargo I would of taken it down with me :)
Also, isn't it kinda weird that they jettison the cargo every time? I mean you kind figure some merchants would be more stubborn then others or would know that if they jettison the cargo it wouldn't save there lives and the pirates would kill them anyway.

Well, in real life, if I thought someone was attacking for profit, as a pirate and not a merc of course, I might consider jetisoning my cargo if I thought it would buy me time to escape. More likely I'd try to use it as a distraction or a tactical advantage in some way if the fight wasn't going too well.

Afterall, if you have a lot of cargo and your attacker wanted it, you could probably use it as a shield. Wouldn't buy you much time, buy if you were about to get hulled and just twenty seconds off the jump, it could be the difference between life and death.

Maybe I'd keep a mine with me. Jetison it with the cargo. It might save my life by taking the attacker out right away. If not, I'd still have a chance to take the pirate out from beyond the grave.

If I was sure I was doomed and I didn't have any tricks up my sleave, I'd take my cargo with me. However, in some instances I can see merchants dumping lots of cargo into space.

I always figured it was cargo that survived the explosion spilling out of the split hull, which is why there's so relatively little of it for such a big blimp of a ship.

-The Gneech

Yeah but I cant see pirates sparing anyones life after getting there cargo they wanted so bad. I mean most of them are cold-hearted criminals and im sure would kill anyone for the right cargo.

[Edited by -=\/\/olf=- on 07-12-2001 at 13:41]

Originally posted by Ghost
If they jettisons their cargo i will not blow their ship, my word on that!!!!!

and after you got thier cargo i will come in and blow you both up :)
(horay. 2 more kills)

Ohhhhh boy..... you have delirium tremens :)
Try with your poketank !!!!
You can´t catch ever a flu !!!!! ;)

Back