Privateer 3 help

Pick the player character for Privateer 3.

• Grayson Burrows. (Privateer)

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Lev Arris (Privateer 2, The Darkening)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Someone else. (Make suggestion)

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters

Ripper

Peace Through Superior Firepower
Pick the player character.

Right now, FMV looks to be out of the question. (Bugetary constraints.) But Privateer/Pacific Strike animation, or 3D animation are possible.

Pick Grayson Burrows, Lev Arris, or suggest someone else.

I will not be voting in this one. You guys and gals get to choose.:D And if it is possible, I will have an option for the character to be female.;)

Originally posted by Darkmage
better add all the races we see in wing commander, and male/female versions of those.

Why limit it to just males and females then?

Someone else, who journeys to the Confederation following P2 and resolves the universe issue.

Someone else, for the very reason that there can't be too much happening in one provateer's life. Priv and RF are good enough, I think old Brownhair deserves a rest. ANd besides there's not much room for him... We all know from the manual what he did before, which isn't too suitable for a game, and afterwards he probably just kept doing merc runs and earning money, maybe started his own business some day, who knows. Not so interesting.

I'd like to see someone else at the con. How about Max Kruger in the 2640-40s sometime?

Well I meant more as a Roman Lynch-ian character... Switching from flying to fixing as the years went... building up his empire sort of thing...

Originally posted by Darkmage
better add all the races we see in wing commander, and male/female versions of those.

And add a few races would be interesting. But I agree that all the races that we've seen would be interesting also especally the Steltek again :)

I think that having "Someone Else" would be a good idea also but I keep thinking about the end of Priv2 and how were sort of left on the hook, It might be interesting to see somthing off that and mabye have it end up as a twist from what we thought happend later (Genaric example:Somthing terrably wrong happens to the Kendrid Empire that he got from his brother).

I'd also like to see though what Bob was talking about the hole unaverse issue explained.

The player character will be human. Sorry, guys. The possibility of a female player character will be a setup option, if it's feasible. I don't see any reason not to, at this point.

What's the time frame for the game? Is it set in the Tri-System or confed or what? Personally I'd love to see more games cover the two huge holes in the WC timeline... 2634-2654 and 2656-2667

The game starts at Perry base. Sometime between Righteous Fire and Wing Commander 3. I hope that the goal to be able to go anywhere you want, including Kilrathi space, can be worked out using a variable database for the different worlds. A subprogram will have to track universe goings-on, so that if you "f" up a mission, there are repercussions.

I will let the cat out of the bag for two missions, delivering the Temblor bomb and prototype to the Victory.

Originally posted by Ripper
I hope that the goal to be able to go anywhere you want, including Kilrathi space.....

I will let the cat out of the bag for two missions, delivering the Temblor bomb and prototype to the Victory.

Niice, thats what I like to hear...more space to explore and missions that fit with the plotline of other games

and heh...nice pun...CAT out of the bag...;)

Is it a engine based off another game or are you writing a new one? Anyway, sounds like it's gonna be great. Please don't abandon it.

Originally posted by T8H3X11
Is it a engine based off another game or are you writing a new one? Anyway, sounds like it's gonna be great. Please don't abandon it.

YES!! plz ~drops to his knees~ No abandon!

Originally posted by Ripper
Sometime between Righteous Fire and Wing Commander 3.

Hmm... There was an inbetween?! When? Privateer is set in 2669, and so is WC... RF can't be set so early in the year that there's time for a whole different campaign in between...

That's the STARTING point. The game will actually be progressing through WC3, 4, and Phophecy. Although the rate of progression, and whether it will need to be broken up (P4,5?) will depend upon the normal unknowns. How long would someone want to play the same game, how many cd's/DVD's will it take, on and on, etc.

Not just one storyline, but several, some independent, some interdependent. Some just for fun.:D

The engine.... that depends on EA/Origin. My plan is to approach them with a mostly planned and laid out game, ready to program, produce, and market. Maybe some demo stuff to give an idea what it may look like. With most of the R&D out of the way, I think I can get them to help finish it up.

You know I was thinking in each of the WC games astroid fields are usally diffrent. Expecaully between the earlyer games and WC3-WCP. The diffrance being you got the fast flying astroids and the ones that are larger and just sit there.

I think it would be cool if they had both. Larger ones that dont nessesarly fly at you and smaller ones, mabye peaces that broke off the larger ones fly at you like debree.

Originally posted by Bugrof PizzAnt
Just one quick question,

If the PC is Burrows, will you be able to continue on from an old Priv/RF save?

I doubt it. The highly classified, and, well, pure genious beginning/intro takes care of anything done previously.

Back