Pictures

God, I remember how I used to destroy my left thumb for playing Street Fighter II for hours... :D

Originally posted by Wedge009
I find the tiny controls difficult and I can see them becoming painful after long play.
Well the buttons and control pad are all printed the exact same as the previous GBs. I think the problem you have is the overall thickness of the GBA being considerably less than before. Yeah, that is irritating, but you get used to it by the end of the first battery set.

The one thing that bugs me is the lack of a backlight. Even the Game Gear is backlit, for cryin' out loud.

Originally posted by mpanty
God, I remember how I used to destroy my left thumb for playing Street Fighter II for hours... :D

Am currently doing the same in Actraiser.

Was there ever a show on Nickelodeon that wasn't?

Hmmm, I did enjoy Clarissa Explains It All, though. And Roundhouse. And Ren & Stimpy. And Doug. And Hey, Dude.

So, to answer my question, yes. :)

Originally posted by Frosty
Well the buttons and control pad are all printed the exact same as the previous GBs. I think the problem you have is the overall thickness of the GBA being considerably less than before.
The slimmer design is another thing I feel uncomfortable with, but I'm sure those buttons are the same size as the newer Pocket/Color versions. The original GB had the same comfy-sized buttons as the ol' NES. Anyway, I'll force myself to get used to it, if necessary. :)

And I agree about the lack of backlight, but it's probably a power issue. I remember the Game Gear taking six AA batteries, and even then the estimated playing time was only a few hours. Nevertheless, I don't see why there can't be a switch to turn the backlight on and off when necessary. Except maybe cost.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
As enjoyable as you may have found those shows, they *were* all pretty lame. :)

Don't go knocking "Special Delivery" or "You Can't Do That On Television". :mad:

I didn't knock either of those, you pompous airhead. STOP THE STUPID REFERENCES.

In fact, one more dumbass pop culture reference and you're *banned*. Clear?

Hey scary admin mod guy, how about closing this thread before it wanders another 10 topics away from the original :cool:

Back