Pictures

Originally posted by Frosty
Another little addition that seems pretty cool to me is that completing one game earns you special perks in the other one, that you wouldn't normally have access to.
I don't play Zelda, but that idea makes me think of the way they market the Pokémon games. Eww.

Originally posted by LeHah
Rogue Squadron was that good?
I was a bit disappointed by the atmosphere-only missions and lack of capships (except for a corvette at Taloraan), so I can't wait for the Game Cube release! :)

Originally posted by Supdon3
What?! Are you smoking crack Bob? What are you talking about?

Sorry...though it read "That is NOT as very good trend" :eek:

Hey, I haven't gotten any sleep for 72 hours (actually, I have, but I feel like I haven't)

Originally posted by Eder
Hmmm, I don't know. Twig annoys me, Frosty doesn't.
Actually, I wish I knew how to be sarcastic and put some people in their places while still making sense and staying cool the way he does. That's some cool attitude :D

Apparently the main points are 1. Spell correctly and 2. Don't smile.

The second part is VERY important. ;)

Really... in any case, I usually avoid using the :D grin 'cause it looks way too cheesy. Of course, you could be a LOAF and use <G> instead...

[Spelling is much more important. How are people supposed to understand you if you don't spell at least remotely correctly?]

Bob, your sig is too long. You should probably make it less long.

Thank You,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator.

Originally posted by Wedge009
I don't play Zelda, but that idea makes me think of the way they market the Pokémon games. Eww.
Pokémon happens to be one of the most entertaining and most fulfilling game experiences I've had in recent memory. People knock it too much without really sitting down and having fun with it.

Originally posted by Wedge009

That has to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Zelda was out long, long before Pocket Monsters hit the states. Pre-N64 Zelda, however, is undefiled genius. The N64 ones were just blah.

Originally posted by LeHah
Pre-N64 Zelda, however, is undefiled genius. The N64 ones were just blah.
Weren't the CDi Zelda games pre-N64?

I'm interested to know how you came to the conclusion that the N64 Zeldas were "Blah."

CDi. Wow, theres a flashback.

The N64 Zelda's just didn't have that wonderful 8-bit innocence as the NES ones did. I know, thats bad reasoning, but when you say Zelda, I think of 1988 NES and the countless hours spent there-in.

The story was good, but it wasn't the same without the real Link.

Hum... for me, the NES Zeldas were a bit too "undergraphed", if you will allow me to use this newly coined word...
What I mean is that the graphics were not good enough to fully enjoy the amazing storyline... at least IMHO.

Link's Awakening and Zelda 3 A Link to the Past on the other hand... Now we're talking! :)

BTW, a very neat German fansite on the Zelda series, for those who are interested:

http://www.zeldafans.de/

I just looked at screenshots of the last GB Zelda (Oracles of Seasons and Ages), and I think I'm going to buy a GBC just for that game...

Originally posted by mpanty
Zelda 3 A Link to the Past
You're the only person who calls it that. That one happens to be my favorite, though. It was packaged with my SNES when I bought it. Good fun.
I think I'm going to buy a GBC just for that game...
Buy a GBA instead, you'll have much more fun in the long run. I love my GBA.

You're the only person who calls it that.
That's the full name...
Why, you normally call it just "Zelda 3"? Fine by me...

Buy a GBA instead, you'll have much more fun in the long run. I love my GBA.
Mmmhh... I'm slightly confused... did the GBA come out after the GBC, or is it the other way around?

Much as WC:p is not refered to as Wing Commander 5: Prophecy, A Link to the Past is not refered to as Zelda 3: A Link to the Past.

GBA stands for Gameboy Advance, which makes use of a radically more powerful CPU than the Gameboy Color (GBC.) It also has a much larger screen and operates at a noticeably higher resolution and has unbeliebably better sound capabilities.

And since they're brand new, you'd be better off dropping the extra 30 or 40 bucks and getting the GBA.

Pokémon happens to be one of the most entertaining and most fulfilling game experiences I've had in recent memory. People knock it too much without really sitting down and having fun with it.

I do agree with you there Frosty, I like the video games, however, I loathe all of the other Pokemon medias.

hehe... Charmander was the first pokemon I ever saw, and the one I started out with when playing the games... but like I said, the games are the only thing Pokemon I will have anything to do with.

Hey, I was knocking the way it was marketed, not the game itself. I find the games strangely addictive. All spin-off media, not so.

And since they're brand new, you'd be better off dropping the extra 30 or 40 bucks and getting the GBA.
Odds are that I will someday in the near future...

One thing about the GBA which bugs me, I've only ever had the original chunky GB with the nice large controls. So when I tried the GBA on displays in stores, I find the tiny controls difficult and I can see them becoming painful after long play. But I suppose I'll get used to it if I ever get one someday.

Back