PiArmada

PANI

Spaceman
Hi - don't know who is responsible for the PiArmada projekt.... but i want to say, that wc armada was and is a great game idea! - i downloaded V0.8 and i will try it at home. may i can offer some hlp.

i have also some question, why is there the vega strike engine and not the flight commander engine included - isn't fc easier to improve for piarmada? why isn't there a topic for this fanmademod?

ps: very nice thing, love it! :D

regards

There have been a number of threads about the project, but the last release was a couple months ago and not much has changed since then. PiArmada isn't bad, though I'm surprised more people aren't playing the original Armada online now.

I took the liberty of doing a few things to piarmada (namely using the right capships and improving the flight model a bit).

http://www.spiritplumber.com/priv_remake/piarmada_con_carne.zip

It's based on piarmada 0.8 .... 0.9 is almost complete by the way, it's just missing the gauntlet. However, we were talking about putting the piarmada interface within vegastrike rather than the other way around, this allows us to only load vegastrike once. This will take longer though :)

I tried Pi armada v.08 and it did not work, and our anti-virus also informed that there is a trojan horse in it. Every single time I tried it that is whtat it said.:(

Nothing to worry about. I downloaded it from the sourceforge site. It was only Pi armada though. All the other things did not have the trojan horse.

i don't know.... try my version, i checked it with AVG and it's safe?
it's piarmada 0.8 with some extra vs-related stuff.

mostly it's capships and flak guns.

Hi! I'm the guy you're looking for. PiArmada .09 is coming slowly due to my lack of time to code this semester. I have a specific to-do list before that point. Spirit's mods look great, I'm really looking forward to getting them out. Integrating my engine into Vega Strike is also potentially doable, but I haven't seriously looked at it yet. As for viruses... I run regular scans. I don't think there can be anything on my computer. Can someone confirm that there's something there?

I do not think there is anyone else that it has happened to. The anti virius says its security rule is a trojan horse block, and the file is soundsever.exe. Then there is a runtime error.

You can try this link:

http://tinyurl.com/bnbyx

This is the latest Vegastrike windows binary (sept 27) with the new soundserver. The only "problem" is that the soundserver is the debug version, so it spawns a console window.

It is known that the soundserver needs to open 1 or 2 network sockets in loopback to function correctly, so your firewall may complain about activity.

I have no idea why one engine would be better or worse than the other. Hellcat volunteered Vega Strike, he and a few others did all the work to make it exceptionally easy for me to integrate. Why should I dump it now? I mean, really, give me a good reason and I'd consider it. But it'd have to be an extremely good reason, on the order of Vega Strike causing peoples' computers to melt.

The engine eats babies, and causes cancer in labratory mice, in additon to causing severe cerebral hemoraging in certain species of monkey, and to top it all off caused the Ebolii virus. all in all i'd say those are damned good reasons....

PANI said:
Hi - don't know who is responsible for the PiArmada projekt.... but i want to say, that wc armada was and is a great game idea! - i downloaded V0.8 and i will try it at home. may i can offer some hlp.

i have also some question, why is there the vega strike engine and not the flight commander engine included - isn't fc easier to improve for piarmada? why isn't there a topic for this fanmademod?

ps: very nice thing, love it! :D

regards

The vegastrike guys took the time to do the integration, with much success from what I hear. Such a thing could potentially be done with Flight Commander as well, but I've got higher priority things to work on, like turrets and AI. Which of course come after my real job.

Sorry, I guess I just hate the project(Vegastrike, that is). So I can't really give you any good reasons other than detesting it.

If you mean tactical (inflight) AI, it's being worked on -- Armada's inflight AI was famously poor, it was basically stuff afterburner-sliding all the time. If you mean strategic (turn based) AI -- how does the man-of-the-street access that code? I tried with the Phyton-framework and downloading from CVS, but what else do we need to run PiArmada?

Vegastrike is a workable engine. So is Flight Commander. Why detesting one of it? Do you dislike the game or the engine?

Back