physical models to buy?

actually, there would be. It takes several millions of years for a terrestrial body to cool in space. Space is cold, but it is terribly hard to dissipate heat due to the lack of friction.

I can safely say that I never expected, in my lifetime, to see a tabletop model of the destruction of Kilrah. You, sir, have marked an item off my bucket list I didn't even know was on it. That is too cool.

Hmm, I was just thinking of all that surface area. I can imagine stars - those that don't explode at the end of their life - taking a long time to cool down, but to me it just doesn't seem as likely for planets, even planets' cores (which aren't nearly as hot as stars). I'm willing to concede I'm wrong, though - physics on this grand scale is hard to prove and disprove without being able to repeat experiments one after the other!

Merry Christmas!
And I finally finished processing these images.
Fighters are fighter scale 30-40mm while the midway is about 90mm long if I remember correctly.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Midway_1000.jpg
    Midway_1000.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 902
  • Wasp_1000.jpg
    Wasp_1000.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 922
  • Panther_1000.jpg
    Panther_1000.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 917
  • Jalthi_1000.jpg
    Jalthi_1000.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 916
  • Vampire_1000.jpg
    Vampire_1000.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 910
  • Talahasse_1000.jpg
    Talahasse_1000.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 903
  • Pirahna_1000.jpg
    Pirahna_1000.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 927
I've done some figure painting in my day, but what you accomplished here blows me away completely. These are gorgeous, thank you for sharing.

Great Christmas present :D thank you for sharing, they are absolutely amazing. I think the Midway could have been a screenshot from an FMV it looks that good!

Man, these are great. The Wasp's paint job even looks like a menancing bee. My favorite just might be the Piranha though.

Thanks,
Im always intreagued how taste varies in that the piranha was one of my least favorites, right ahead of the Jalthi. But I can see its appeal over some of the other paintjobs. I was personally happy with the jaws on the Vampire because that was hard to get those stencils in place. Also the jalthi looks better in person but I had a hard time capturing its colors with any lighting scheme as pictures seems to loose the contrast between the reds and oranges.

I have another batch almost done, mostly done except for bases now.
Said batch includes
1 Kilrathi Heavy destroyer variant of the Ralaxath (has a single large cannon)
2 kilrathi Karmani

2 southamptons
2 gilgamesh
1 bengal

1 medium and one large Hydra variant(I resized as I realized the larger one was waay too large) its a variant because its not as beefy as a hydra.
1 Kracken
1 Portal

This should be enough to round out the fleets for the game!

As a side note, someone requested a larger model of the Excalibur (~90mm long)
If anyone actually wants to buy a larger version of something let me know and Ill consider modeling it up, or adding more greeblings. But I recommend staying 90mm or shorter as larger starts getting very expensive in material. Even with hollowing.

The Vampire jaws are certainly also very impressive. I think some of people's visual preferences here also reflect what they liked to fly in the game. :) In Prophecy multiplayer, probably my favorite thing are the Piranha-on-Piranha dogfights.

Most of my Models are painted and just waiting bases
But someone gave me an itch to try a kirathi design of my own and this one has been in the back of my head for a few weeks.
This is a cruiser a little larger than a fralthi 2

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• triclawcruiser.jpg
    triclawcruiser.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 812
  • triclawcruiser2.jpg
    triclawcruiser2.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 822
Ok not entirely WC (over half BSG)
but here is a picture I took to show scale of various ships
some fighters are in the bottom right of the picture (fighter scale ~ 30-40mm long) While the rest of the ships are Fleet scale (dreadnaughts around 90mm long)

Ill eventually post pictures of the wing commander ships shown painted here, after I take the time to take detailed pictures.

Ships not shown here before are the durango, Tigersclaw, several corvets/destroyers, Snakier, orca hydra kracken, and a wormhole with a tiamat emerging. I liked that last one the most as I think its quite cute.

attachment.php

The fleet is amost ready for action =)

Attachments

• DSC00507.JPG
    DSC00507.JPG
    514 KB · Views: 811
You have some serious talent there sir! thanks for sharing!

Do you play any kind of Table Top game with the minatures?

You have some serious talent there sir! thanks for sharing!

Do you play any kind of Table Top game with the minatures?

Indeed
The most relevant link is
http://www.star-ranger.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6799

Long story short, I use conventions as motivators to get painting and rule development done. I am hosting a Battlestar and a wing commander game at the con noted in the link. Rules can be found at the link or on my website thirdfatecreations.com. Battlestar and wing commander rules are similar but have their differences. (implementation of shields, jump technology, energy allocation) But I try to keep the rules relativly simple for fast uptake at cons. Once all sides know the rules the battles generally go pretty quickly. Fighters die like flies (as it should be)

Otherwise, with kids and work, I dont get out to play much.

The wing commander game will be Nephilim against a coalition of Confed, Kilrathi, and possibly Boarder worlds (with leftover lance tech)

The coalition will be larger in size, but hey, they will have two ship/fleet killer weapons bearing on them. A third race will come into play if the coalition is getting its but kicked too quickly=) I will be playing the Neph as the defender of their foothold in the Kilrah system. The coalition will have a couple objectives, that dont require exterminating the Neph, to win.

You know we do have WC TACOPS. If you make some WC2 era ships, you could use the TACOPS rules with them.

Your games do look interesting though. I'll check them out later.

Im aware of TacOPS (though only as of a week ago)
Its the wrong scale for what I want.

Its mostly a fighter scale game the way the rules are laid out(rules focus more on fighters), the games Im running are fleetscale (rules focus more on cap ships).

Notice a few posts back the number of fighters the midway carries (16+4 or 6 bombers) with tac ops the midway alone with that flight group would take a long time to play. with fleet scale rules the fighters are simplified allowing more of them. And one model actually represents a squadron... roughly. It all boils out in the statistics to a degree. There are a lot of problems with almost any rule set but I enjoy the scale of these games.

Im planning on having most of the WC capships you see in the above post, in my game. with players that are moderately familiar with the rules it should take about 6 hrs to get through 6 turns (though mainly because Im allowing dreadnought weapons to quickly thin ranks). A battlestar with 3-4 galactica size ships will take 4-6 hrs for 6 turns depending on how aggressive players are. Battlestars are roughly midways in strength.

Cool,

Are you going to do an after action report type thingy? I would be interested to read about how the campaign goes.

Cool,

Are you going to do an after action report type thingy? I would be interested to read about how the campaign goes.

I do.... but... Ive said that in the past and every single time I get so caught up in the game I forget to take pictures of the turns until the bottom of the 5th or so.
So.. dont count on it, But I do plan to...

Back