physical models to buy?

That is a scam.

Yeah we had another thread about that a while back talking about this very issue... while I also believe its a scam as you conveniently have to wait until the time period to complain is over before you can expect to recieve anything... I could find no consumer complaints, ebay complaints, or any warnings what-so-ever... so I have no idea.

to clarify a bit.. the wooden carved ships are a scam.. the resin models above are very real and pretty darn spiffy if I do say so myself..

now If I can just convince them to ship to my PO box.....

Yeah we had another thread about that a while back talking about this very issue... while I also believe its a scam as you conveniently have to wait until the time period to complain is over before you can expect to recieve anything... I could find no consumer complaints, ebay complaints, or any warnings what-so-ever... so I have no idea.

It's likely that you get *something* and it's even possible that that something is nice... but if it's anything at all then what you probably get is whatever wodden model a third world laborer can produce when given a block of wood and the same picture you see in the auction.

They're lying to you right from the start and that's a bad sign. Their auction for a Tarsus model says that it's "extra stock from our bulk orders". That's clearly not true--no one in the world is comissioning bulk orders of wooden Privateer spaceships.

They clearly trawl the internet for names of airplanes and spacecraft which they put into auctions to try to attract... us. Actually they may not even want us--their actual sales all seem to be from fooling people into thinking they're buying industrial-style NASA and airplane models... the Wing Commander stuff may have made it into their process because their keyboard monkeys thought it fell into those categories.

Samples arrived and primed

Ok here is a big batch of ships ive ordered to verify.
these were all printed in detail material with a bit of work to sand(600 grit wet dry) and prime.

The store location is
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/dreamfoundry
And yes prices include shipping world wide. However there is a 25 dollar minimum. Ive found when ordering through this site it takes 2-3 weeks to receive the models.

These models dimensions are given on the site but most are 30-40mm front to back.

Attachments

• DSC09148.JPG
    DSC09148.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 157
  • trident.jpg
    trident.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 140
  • vectoreddart.jpg
    vectoreddart.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 148
  • Havoc.jpg
    Havoc.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 142
  • split delta.jpg
    split delta.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC09151.JPG
    DSC09151.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC09150.JPG
    DSC09150.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC09152.JPG
    DSC09152.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC09149.JPG
    DSC09149.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 133
Two more

The long guns are pins, the actual model has very short guns as long guns are not printable at that aspect ratio.

The dreadnaught is about 90mm long

Attachments

• DSC09178.JPG
    DSC09178.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC09177.JPG
    DSC09177.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 191
I just got one of these painted.

This is the reason I made any of these. I love wing commander and wanted to paint my own touch to those ships. But sadly no one made them so I had to if I wanted to paint them. I have a few kilrathi ships about 50% done.

Click on attachments to enlarge. Obviously the lens flare and logo are CG'ed in. all else is painted with my baby airbrush.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC09264.JPG
    DSC09264.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 152
  • Spindly_1000.jpg
    Spindly_1000.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 1,764
I have a mess of images to process from this and 4 of the fighters, but here is a quickie for Thanks giving.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Dreadnaught_1000.JPG
    Dreadnaught_1000.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 1,616
its scary how awesome that looks. I really would have felt like a small little fighter pilot in a giant universe going up against that terror. Amazing work!

Wow... You are an incredible artist! I do some mini painting myself, but I don't think that I'd come anywhere close to that quality. Especially the highlights look awesome.

That looks great! Nice work.

It gives you the impression of something the Kilrathi actually might do to their warships to make them more intimidating.

Wow, the detail painting that simulates the running/spotlights is a great touch.

Back