Passion of the Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.
t.c.cgi said:
Well, the fact is there are lots of movies about the LIFE of Jesus. And from what I've heard of every single one of them is they really sugar coat his death. This movie is a good suppliment to those, as it goes into the gorey details of his torture and death. Seeing that really brings his forgiveness of the Romans et all to a whole new level.

This couldn't have been done while showing his entire life, or at least a bit more than 12 hours? Of course it could've.

My other problem is the fake nose they put on the actor who plays Jesus (forget his name but he was in Frequency). The first time I saw the trailer all I could think was "Jesus looks a whole lot like Nicole Kidman in the Hours". The nose just LOOKS fake.

The great part is that people protest the movie for possibly being spiteful towards Jews... ignoring the fact that Jesus was probably an arab (or at least very tanned) and not a white dude.

I dont think I have ever seen this much controversy over a MOVIE. Yes it is about a central figure in the Christian faith...but the bottom line is...it is a MOVIE!

Now..since Mr. Gibson said he referenced to scriptures in making this MOVIE, and this MOVIE is causing such a ruccus....why isnt anyone griping about the source where the references came from???

Do people really think that in the time of Jesus....they didnt harm someone as depicted in this MOVIE???

Do people really think that blood and guts were excluded from torture and execution and crucifiction in Jesus' time? :rolleyes:

The chances of the validity of the violence depicted in this MOVIE are probably so close to being accurate, that the shows and movies from the past about Jesus and his last hours..are the ones that people should be controversial about.

Lets not forget either..that the Christian religion at one time..went around the lands torturing people who did not believe in that faith...it was called "The Inquisition". And rest assured...during the Inquisition...blood and guts were spilt...for that same religious faith.

So GET OVER IT, it is a movie, one out of dozens that went one step further.....

.....showed everyone just how dark the dark side is in humanity. It is called...REALITY.

I salute Mr. Gibson for his efforts.

Lets find something legitamate to raise a ruccus about.....like how the FBI and CIA and NSA KNEW and had EVIDENCE to the 9/11 attackers way back in 1998....yet did NOTHING.

If things like this movie are going to ruffle feathers this badly in our society next to far more important issues.....

....then its already too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back