Parallel Tonality

Two people define the general consensus here? :D
IMHO a serious Star Trek thread needn't be stopped but I do think this one is getting a little out of hand...

"Consensus", on this board, is what we, the administrators say it is.

To quote Mel Brooks: "It's great to be da king!" :p

More seriously, though, this ST subthread is rather far off-topic for the board, let alone the original thread topic.

[admin]Stopping the continued drift would be... advisable.[/admin]

I too am willing to stop, this has been a good debate. Just to unforgiven, we call DVD's DVDs and CDs CDs we don't call them the same thing, that was my entire point

Originally posted by Napoleon
I too am willing to stop, this has been a good debate. Just to unforgiven, we call DVD's DVDs and CDs CDs we don't call them the same thing, that was my entire point
My mom does. In fact my mom calls everything along those lines tapes, including actual tapes (video and audio), diskettes, CDs, DVDs, MDs. And the Microsoft translaters for Dutch have the bad habit of translating Disc with Diskette which in the phrase 'Please insert the disc labeled Office 2000 SR1a' doesn't make much sense anymore.
Okay, I will resist any further temptation to post to this thread, unless somebody makes a constructive point about parallel tonality, or horribly insults me. ;)

Back