P2 deluxe edition

Speed problems

My copy of P2 deluxe runs WAY too fast on this machine, if I ran my DOS version (which I haven't seen in like 3 years) or bought a new DOS one would that have the same speed problems under windows2000 or millenium as the deluxe?

Re: Speed problems

Originally posted by Pedro
My copy of P2 deluxe runs WAY too fast on this machine, if I ran my DOS version (which I haven't seen in like 3 years) or bought a new DOS one would that have the same speed problems under windows2000 or millenium as the deluxe?

You would want to try the DOS version. But you may also run into some speed problems on todays P3 or P4 systems simply cause even the Win95 Delux edition may not handle the speed of the P3 or P4. Just a guess. Best thing to do is have a machine around like a P233 or lower to run those games. I have 2 machines for running the old games, and my Privateer 2 runs perfectly on the P233 machine, DOS mode. Got a P133 to run the other old original WC games from WC-1 thru 4 including Privateer and RF. You might try one of the slowdown utilities for the DOS mode. Moslo is an excellent utility, which you can link to from the files section on CIC. But to save you alot of headache and frustration, might hunt down a slower machine to run those games. Also, the Delux versions were meant to run on the 16/32 hybrid OS's, Win2000 and Win ME are true 32 bit OS's, not hybrids. That may be why youre having problems with the Delux. Again just a guess. Good luck!

RFBurns

By 'ace-1', he means Deluxe -- long story. :)

You can slow down your Priv2 with CPUKiller -- available in the CIC files section.

Cpukiller just makes the game unplayable :( Too fast in some places, too jerky in others, guess I just need an old PC

Well I can't disable internal cache for Win me :) But I disabled external cache and that slowed it down considerably (and for some odd reason boosted the speed of my DVD playback). That wasn't enough to make it playable but tools such as Turbo work best when you aren't reducing the speed very significantly so when I put my speed down to 70% it was very playable :)
Thanks

you can play P2 in w2000, if you click to not autodetect windows, and if you have an old joystick.

Originally posted by Ghost
you can play P2 in w2000, if you click to not autodetect windows, and if you have an old joystick.

What means "old joystick"?

Which joysticks are "old"/"new" for you, what features make the difference?

And since some of you won't read the entire thread, I want to remember you all again of the original reason why I started these thread:
I'm searching for someone who knows where germans can get "P2 deluxe edition for win9x" these days.

Originally posted by Jochen
Originally posted by Ghost

What means "old joystick"?

Which joysticks are "old"/"new" for you, what features make the difference?

And since some of you won't read the entire thread, I want to remember you all again of the original reason why I started these thread:
I'm searching for someone who knows where germans can get "P2 deluxe edition for win9x" these days.

An old joystick.. no force feedback, not too many buttons, i have and old quickshoot qith 2 buttons.

P2DD was in stores (the WIn95 version, at leat) -- but it's not really around anymore (you can occasionally find it on discout racks). The Win95 native versions of WC games (KS, WCIVWin95 and P2DDeluxe) both seem to be pretty rare, because nobody bought them when they were available.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
P2DD was in stores (the WIn95 version, at leat) -- but it's not really around anymore (you can occasionally find it on discout racks). The Win95 native versions of WC games (KS, WCIVWin95 and P2DDeluxe) both seem to be pretty rare, because nobody bought them when they were available.

Damn... And I'm not as good at writing boot disks as I used to be.

Back