Oxford & New Detroit Landing Platforms

Cam

Spaceman
Would anybody be able to give me screenshots of the Oxford and New Detroit landing platforms? I'm interested in making some high quality windows desktop backgrounds of those, using them to help myself learn environmental lighting and materials, etc.

Can anybody lend a hand? I suppose with myJEMM that will be much easier to acquire now. :)
 

Wedge009

Rogue Leader
Sorry I didn't see this earlier, I've been very busy lately...





They're a little brighter than they appear in the game - I brighten them 'cause my monitor displays DOS screens quite dimly.
 

Viper61

Spaceman
I just began playing Privateer for the first time 3 nights ago and I haven't got out of the Troy system and I'm still hooked :)

C-ya
 

Viper61

Spaceman
A quick quesiton, does a video card help with the graphics on Privateer? I'm using an old computer that uses a 4MB integrated video card S3 and the Troy landing zones look nothing like the ones that have been posted here.
Thanks

C-ya
 

Quarto

Unknown Enemy
Originally posted by Viper61
A quick quesiton, does a video card help with the graphics on Privateer? I'm using an old computer that uses a 4MB integrated video card S3 and the Troy landing zones look nothing like the ones that have been posted here.
That's because screenshots of the Troy landing zones have not been posted here :). It doesn't matter what video card you have in Priv. When you to Oxford and New Detroit, you'll see the graphics shown below.
 

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Originally posted by Viper61
I just began playing Privateer for the first time 3 nights ago and I haven't got out of the Troy system and I'm still hooked :)
No need to rush.. Take your time. When you've got your Tarsus nice and beefy, I personally recommend heading over to Oxford to do more work.. Though Gemini Sector is a big place.
 

Ghost

Emperor
Disagree with you Chris, best thing that always worked for me:
-Join Merchant Guild
-Buy Jumpdrive (with best armor you can buy and ABs), just escape (AB) if something goes wrong
-Choose 3 missions (via merchant guild or the computer outside)
Anywhere in Troy--->New Detroit each one pays like 15000 aprox IIRC.
 

Zhakrin

Spaceman
Just pay attention Viper61 that you can make several missions at the same time doing exactly the same. Usually there are a couple of patrols in the same system, or you can take 3 merchant missions to the same planet, etc. I think the maximum was 3 missions. If you get a patrol in the mercenaries guild and there are no more available, search the mission computer; some should be available.

Happy hunting :) You bring me loads of memories. I remember the first time I played Privateer, with my old 486...The number of memory configurations I had to make. Thanks to Priv I learned a lot about computers. ;)

Zhak.
 

redwolf

Spaceman
For all we disagree in this forum, we all must agree how fine a game Privateer was then, and continues to be.

I am thankful that MyJemm is now around (also thankful I haven't bought XP or a new computer :p). But I am still having trouble with the soundcard. I want to hear the jolly theme of Oxford, the mysterious theme of the refineries, and the relaxing/depressing theme of New Detroit. Whenever I see a dreary day outside, I think of the theme for ND.

If you can help see my post in tech support.
 

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Originally posted by Ghost
Disagree with you Chris, best thing that always worked for me:
-Join Merchant Guild
-Buy Jumpdrive (with best armor you can buy and ABs), just escape (AB) if something goes wrong
-Choose 3 missions (via merchant guild or the computer outside)
Anywhere in Troy--->New Detroit each one pays like 15000 aprox IIRC.
You need to be lucky to get three cargo missions all to the same place, and if you die or stop anywhere along the way it's over. Especially in the beginning, taking 3000-5000 quick missions in Troy made me rich much more quickly. If anything goes bad, you don't lose very much.. and you can complete each individual mission much more quickly than a long haul trade route.
 

Darkmage

Vice Admiral
xp runs priv... if you have a 2ghz computer otherwise use 98, btw MyJEMM works with SBLIVE! just install priv with your sblive irq/dma
 
Top