Outcome of Terran/Kilrathi War

I was thinking of when people were arguing that WC2 fighters, specifically, the Drakhri, could be considered part of the Dralthi line of fighters. The game designers took the time to think of (slightly) different names for WC2, but just tacked on a Mark upgrade on the names of ships in later games.

Originally posted by TC
I'm not quite sure how the names of various ships have anything to do with SM1 being made before the movie...

IIRC, the entire video game series was made before the movie.

LOAF is basing his argument regarding dev decisions (the arbitrary decision about which ships are labeled dreadnoughts) on real world chronology. You're arguing that the fictional world chronology is the one that applies.
Indeed. And both are quite valid methods of arguing. The thing about the dev decisions argument, however, is that it inevitably raises the question of developer mistakes. We have to assume that some things are mistakes, because otherwise the Thunderbolt and the Longbow would have identical stats (the KSaga manual says so, and someone did develop it). In this case, I would argue that a mistake was made when the original info was presented. Origin is notorious about not fixing errors in later products and such, so we got stuck with a 100 metre-long runt which is described in-game as 'a large ship of unknown Kilrathi design' (100 metres? Large?), and then, once we get a close-up, is described as 'huge, bristling with weaponry'. If we assume the developers' decisions count, then there is no way to explain this other than by saying that '100 metres' was a mistake, and therefore is no more valid than KSaga's Longbow stats.

I don't see a valid argument at all...

The fact that other dreadnoughts are larger than this one doesn't automatically make it larger <G>

Put simply, Blair would have had to be a) drunk or b) joking in order to call a Dorkir-sized ship 'huge'. But he did, and he was neithr drunk nor joking.

On the matter of the Sivar's (SM1) main weapon...where did proton accelerator come from? The SNES intro said it was a graviton accelerator that increased present gravity fields 137 fold. Different sources maybe?

LOAF is correct in stating that the GA is much smaller, and it makes sense. If you think about it, when you reverse-engineer something you know lttle about, the end result will not be as good or as simple (hence the larger size to compensate). The PTC was remarkable for its faster recharge and performance, though, despite it being R&D'd in such a relatively short amount of time.

Proton Accelerator Gun comes from Voices of War.

Re: the Thunderbolt misprint... they *did* fix that in later printings of WC3 (the Win95 only release, for instance) and in the Secret Ops manual...

Plus, 'forming the keel of' doesn't necessarily mean *taking up all of*... the Concordia carries 120 fighters and the capcity to support them...

Back