Outcome of Terran/Kilrathi War

Do you think the outcome would have been different if the Temblor Bomb run on Kilrah failed? I mean, even though the Kilrathi had assembled a massive fleet... Confed had it's own massive fleet waiting right outside the jump point. Let's just disregard the fact that the Terran Confederation loses if you fail the last mission and let's put all of this into perspective. Do you really think that Confed was sooo doomed if the mission failed?

It would be a very very tough fight. Personally I would like to know what kind of fight it would of been if the false peace never happend it would of been very bad for the Kilrathi then.

Well, yeah, Confed was doomed -- it's made pretty clear throughout WC3 that the war is almost lost...

I also think that was Confed´s last hope. In WC3, Rollins says "Fact: we are moving from one defensive mission to another. Fact: our force is in constant retreat".

Confed was losing on all fronts and judging by Tolwyn and Paladin´s comments in WC3, if the T-bomb failed, well, .... :(

I also would have liked to have seen how the war would have turned out without the false peace treaty. (We were wearing their supplies thin, true, but that's just because they were trying to hide their secret fleet. I still think we'd have done terrible in the Battle of Terra-which there would have been one-maybe just hit them harder than we did. *shrugs*)

But I agree with most everyone else, that Earth would have lost. The best we could have hoped for was a second Battle of Terra, to at least try to do some damage, or hit and run tactics to weaken them until we would get beat at the new Battle of Terra.

if confed got some help from the BW i think they might have been able to hold back the Kilrathi. but it would not have been very likely.

Originally posted by Happy
if confed got some help from the BW i think they might have been able to hold back the Kilrathi. but it would not have been very likely.

Confed and the BW were one and the same at that point.

In fact, didn't Vagabond say that a lot of people thought that the BW were what kept Confed around long enough for Blair to deliver the T-Bomb?

yeah that's what hes said. You know what I think...I think it would be great if a game was made centered around the false peace it would rock.

They were screwd

The Confederation was screwd. Everyone knew that the war was over in a matter of weeks. It certainly would have been a pretty depressing time knowing that the war was going so poorly. If only the Kilrathi hadn't made all those super carriers and lied about the peace that things would have been much more different.

Re: They were screwd

Originally posted by pygmypiranha
The Confederation was screwd. Everyone knew that the war was over in a matter of weeks. It certainly would have been a pretty depressing time knowing that the war was going so poorly. If only the Kilrathi hadn't made all those super carriers and lied about the peace that things would have been much more different.

Don't you mean, "If only Confed hadn't acted like a stereotypical fictional democracy in a sci-fi military novel?"

Originally posted by WildWeasel
I'd prefer to play a game where I don't already know the outcome.
Same goes with a movie... with the exception of Memento. :)
(sorry, just had to stick Christopher Nolan's masterpiece in the conversation :D)

earth would have fallen , I don't think theres any doubt in that , as for confed losing it would have taken many years to for them to be totally defeated . just look at the size of confed in the WC:p map, its huge . losing 1 planet wouldn't have been that huge an impact.

the same could be said about the kilrathi losing there homeworld, but the key difference is that they lost most of there fleet and most of the leadership. I think confed would have lost the war eventualy had blair not delivered the T-bomb but I reckon it would have been another 10-15 years before the war truely ended.

Originally posted by mpanty

(sorry, just had to stick Christopher Nolan's masterpiece in the conversation :D)

I'm sorry, what was that? I have this condition...

Originally posted by mpanty

Yeah, friends told me about it. I am definately going to see it, sounds awesome.

Originally posted by Soma
I'm sorry, what was that? I have this condition...
Eheheh... "I've already told you about this, haven't I?" :)
Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Yeah, friends told me about it. I am definitely going to see it, sounds awesome.
That movie is just... *AUGH*... :cool:

But let's also not forget that when the Kilrathi were the ones who were screwed they had one hell of a plan. There are too many variables to consider. In the event that Earth would fall there could be a huge surge of hatred that would sky rocket production and double efforts. For example; ships would be built for free and people would volunteer for basically nothing.

Another question though.... the two fleets that were a jump point away.... in the event that Kilrah wasn't destroyed and the Kilrathi fleet moved through the jump point.... wouldn't they be basically ambushed by the Confed fleet? Would such a loss of cat-power and resources completely devastate the Kilrathi war effort?

Back