Out With The Old, In With The New (September 2, 2006)

Lt.Death100 said:
I hate it when people degenerate threads into slagging matches. Why is it such a big deal?

Go back and look at the progression carefully -- sq_paradox specifically came here to fight about this.

Bandit LOAF said:
Go back and look at the progression carefully -- sq_paradox specifically came here to fight about this.
Yes, quite so. But it seems to me that Hurleybird was the one doing the most talking.

sq_paradox said:
Lastly I would like to point out that friends are not made by insulting people, that only serves to alienate them. And though my post count may be low, I have read these forums for many years now, and I know this to be ongoing trend. Whether it be groups like Wing Commander Saga, Wing Commander Universe, or the Privateer Remake. Regardless of what you think of their efforts or their actions, they are fans (if they were not they would not be trying), and driving off fans of a game you so obviously, deeply, love is counterintuitive to it's future and possible resurrection.

The WCU were fans? I thought they were a creepy cult worshiping a rude guy in a dress. Damn, I guess I'll have to like them now.:p

I'm just not a fan of the psp so probably not, the moment anything wing commanderish is released on the DS however is immediately going to the top of my buy list.

Paddybhoy said:
I'm just not a fan of the psp so probably not, the moment anything wing commanderish is released on the DS however is immediately going to the top of my buy list.

I can see how straight copies of old console games like this would fit better on the PSP than the DS. There's sort of an obligation to use both screens otherwise, and I don't think that'd be as practical here. On the other hand, now that EA has dug out its Super Nintendo Wing Commander classics, it's very possible that we'll someday see these games on the Wii Virtual Console.

ChrisReid said:
...On the other hand, now that EA has dug out its Super Nintendo Wing Commander classics, it's very possible that we'll someday see these games on the Wii Virtual Console.

What would be great is if that's the way that SM2 SNES finally see's the light of day (of course thats granting that EA can find it whereever it's hiding after all these years).

Oh my god. Has anyone seen GameSpot's new poll?

gamespotpoll.png

Look at those options! Why.. there's no "I'm not interested" choice! We need to get over there and bitch and moan ASAP!

Last edited by a moderator:
DON'T THEY KNOW HOW SERIOUS UNMETERED INTERNET POLLS ARE?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!

Those *bastards*!

OMFG what a big takling just about some little poll.
I personally don't fucking care about it.
I love Wing Commander since my childhood in the 90's and won't buy a PSP because I really hate consoles and in my opinion WC is a classic COMPUTER -game. That's my point and noone needs to complain about it.
and the flamewar against that dude who said
"So, not buying it is just not an option, huh?"
is really rediculous. we are civilized people and shouldn' handle things like this like little children.

Hahahaha! Great find, Chris!

Edit: Black-Wulf, there's no point in reviving that argument, nothing good can possibly come out of it.:)

Black-Wulf said:

Obviously you do.

Black-Wulf said:
I love Wing Commander since my childhood in the 90's and won't buy a PSP because I really hate consoles and in my opinion WC is a classic COMPUTER -game. That's my point and noone needs to complain about it.

Nobody did that. Exactly the opposite happened.

Black-Wulf said:

You have no idea what a flame war is.

Black-Wulf said:
is really rediculous. we are civilized people and shouldn' handle things like this like little children.

Well, congratulations on taking a ridiculous conversation and stirring it up again!

Black-Wulf said:
You sir, are trying to pick a fight. Stop, think and reconsider.

Your claim is flawed from a factual standpoint for two reasons.

One: Wing Commander has made many appearances on consoles. Wing Commander, Secret Missions and Wing Commander II for the SNES, Wing Commander for the SegaCD, Wing Commander III for the 3DO, Wing Commander III and Wing Commander IV for the PSX, Wing Commander for the CD32, Wing Commander, The Secret Missions, Wing Commander II and Wing Commander Armada for the FM Towns Marty. There have even been Wing Commander games developed specifically for consoles: Super Wing Commander for the 3DO! These games all have one thing in common: they're all excellent, excellent ports... many of them were developed by the same men and women who brought Wing Commander to a select few types of 'computers' -- and they all feature exclusive elements. If you don't know about console Wing Commander games, you're missing a heck of a lot of fun.

Two: The PSP is not a console; it is a handheld.

What you're saying is beyond just wrong, though... in 2006, it's stupid. It's the kind of thing we would scream at our friends in the schoolyard -- the reality of the situation is that today if you want to do serious gaming, you need an X-Box or a Playstation. When -- not if -- there is a new original game, I can guarantee you that it will be developed for a "console" first and a PC second, third or fourth if at all.

Back