Obj conversion question

Maj.Striker

Swabbie
Banned
I'm having problems trying to convert a mesh into Flight commander as well. I kept it simple for starting out, just a simple cube. I open up the obj2mesh program and enter the name of my cube.obj and then the name I want to use "cube" and then when it asks for vertices, normals, texels and faces. I must admit that confuses me. When I get information on my model, all I get is number of points and number of polygons. What do I need to put in these fields and where would I get this information on my model? After I put in what I think is right I always get an error from the converter.

Any suggestions?

Maj.Striker said:
I'm having problems trying to convert a mesh into Flight commander as well. I kept it simple for starting out, just a simple cube. I open up the obj2mesh program and enter the name of my cube.obj and then the name I want to use "cube" and then when it asks for vertices, normals, texels and faces. I must admit that confuses me. When I get information on my model, all I get is number of points and number of polygons. What do I need to put in these fields and where would I get this information on my model? After I put in what I think is right I always get an error from the converter.

Any suggestions?

As far as numbers:

vertices:
count the number of lines starting with v
normals:
count the number of lines starting with vn
texels:
count the number of lines starting with vt
faces:
count the number of lines starting with f

The conversion won't work unless you also have exactly one texture, with texels specified in the model. Also, I'm uploading an updated converter with a few small bug fixes, you'll you want to get that as well.

Open the Obj file in a text editor, like Notepad or Wordpad. You will find the the number of vertices, texels, normals, and faces.

Back