Now that the series has been announced what are you HOPING for?

What would you like the WC TV series orientated around?

• The beginning of the Kilrathi war

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • The Kilrathi war (WC1-2 era)

Votes: 41 56.9%
  • The nephilim war

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Something new

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Something based prior to the kilrathi war

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters

Pedro

Admiral
I think the title says it all, if there aren't going to be more games I'd definatley like the Nephilim war continued, otherwise I'm not certain. In any case I'm sure we can bring back Blair from the bugs in a pilot if that was what CR went ahead with.

Originally posted by Pedro
I think the title says it all, if there aren't going to be more games I'd definatley like the Nephilim war continued, otherwise I'm not certain. In any case I'm sure we can bring back Blair from the bugs in a pilot if that was what CR went ahead with.

I would be willing to bet that any series would be set during the Kilrathi war. A TV series has to appeal to millions of people -- not the several-dozen people here at the CZ <G>

the begining of the war with the cats would be more interesting, you know like the battle at McAuliff.

Well I think huge giant bugs would appeal more to the average viewers than fluffy cats but thats just me, personally I preffer the Kilrathi but they're not 'in style'. The main reason I think the nephilim war is unlikley is because of the sheer cost involved in a CG enemy.

What am I expecting? Hopefully, a real plot. :p

Oh, and fighters that don't look like WWII planes! I hope they look like the game models, done in superduper detail of course.

Other than that, I'm not gona hold any hopes, I'm easy whatever they do, as long as it doesn't suck. :p

My personal opinion would be to explore the Nephilim angle, but as was pointed out, the mass market might go more for Kilrathi.

Things that I'm leery of...

No Pilgrims, I hope. Leave them in the past. I think this is probably the biggest reason I'd prefer to see the story not focus on the Kilrathi War/ Blair.

Kilrathi - 4 games, an animated series, and a movie. How many ways can Thrakhath be envisioned?

Retconning - the Rapier mk. 2 is now the Rapier mk. 3!!!

I'd like to see the Kilrathi more than the Nephilim. The reasoning being that I liked the Kilrathi War more than this Nephilim one. Although I'd like to see the Nephilim story go farther in a game, the show should be about the Kilrathi War, I think.

I´d like to see how was the war between WC1 and WC2, you know, the 10 years Blair spent in dry dock. And I hope they show Kilrathis looking like they did in WC3, and (please) not like the movie´s plastic dolls.

Originally posted by Pedro
Well I think huge giant bugs would appeal more to the average viewers than fluffy cats but thats just me, personally I preffer the Kilrathi but they're not 'in style'. The main reason I think the nephilim war is unlikley is because of the sheer cost involved in a CG enemy.

I think that if they did use the bugs, that a lot of people would see it as a Starship Troopers ripoff. (Humans vs. Bugs) This would not be a good thing, since ST wasn't accepted to well to begin with. I sure liked it though.

Personnally, I would love to see the entire WC game series done into a TV show. That would be really cool. But if I had to pick a specific, I would say WC1/2.

There's my half cent. :D

No one said that about Species 8472 (notice how they were killed off due to cost?, they were made lame, thinking no one would want them, they still do to this day)

I suppose my hopes are too high but starting the TV series at the very begginning of Kilrathi aggression towards Confed would be nice. Finding out a little more history on the Kilrathi and the hows and whys evrything got to where it is today.

I really like the idea of a new Kilrathi series, breathing new life into the warriors from Kilrah!

I notice nobody's suggesting a show cenered around WC4. Though I don't think this would be as exciting as one with the Kilrathi as the main enemy, it would be more of a "breaking news" type plot. Concept were the show has alot more drama to balance out the special effects (kindof like some episodes of Space: Above and Beyond - not all but some). A scenerio where a major foe has been vanquished and now Confed is left as a peace-keeping force around the universe. You still have raids from Kilrathi and also from BW pirates, but the concept is you really don't know who the enemy is any longer (kindof on a line more of whats happening today)

Anyway, just a thought. I still think another branch in the Kilrathi Saga would be more entertaining.

*gasp* That may even cause them to reissue the Kilrathi Saga to computer gamers everwhere!!!! Halleluiyah!!!

C-Ya

I want the very beginning of the Kilrathi War and have the series move through the games and into the post-War Era. But I agree the Starship Troopers thing.

Outsider

I think we've already had an 'early days of the war' type presentation with the movie [and WCATV].

Plus, I've always thought of the Kilrathi as being original, especially these days when aliens are often portrayed as being insectile.

I don't think WC4 would be a good place to base a series since the whole affair was begun and resolved within the game - it was only a two week period, IIRC.

And I believe they should leave the Nephilim to the games for plot resolution.

Hence, my vote is for the WC1/2 era. Still, I don't like the idea tha Blair cannot be the central character, since the poor guy is stuck in Caernarvon flying patrols - although continuity has been stretched plenty of times before...

I say it'll be on the War. Like the movie, it has to tell the WC tale to newbies as well. These newbies may not anything about the story, and the show can't alienate them. The Kilrathi war is perfect starter for a tv series anyway. There is more time to tell the story, unlike the movie which had only 2 hours.

Kilrathi War

I vote for the Kilrathi War. However, I would like to see it set during the late WC2/WC3 timeline. You know, when things looks bleak and there are plenty o' Hellcats :D

... and it just has to have the MA-NI-AC!!

:cool:

I've always thought that wc2 was one of the best developed wc games in the storyline department (wc4 is close and followed by sm1+2 and then by wc3). I always figured thought that a film version of wc2 would be best done in episodes. Perfect for television. That way nothing need be left out and there is a ton of room for character development, which was probably the greatest area in which the wc movie is lacking.

Each episode would have atleast one mission and a lot of fireworks!!

Personally, I would like to see the entire course of the Kilrathi war from beginning to end, starting with the Iason incident. The story would open with the image of everything being bright and full of hope as mankind reaches out into the universe, and then suddenly along comes this huge empire that wants to conquer us. We would start with a cast of characters from the older generation--Tolwyn, Paladin, Eisen, etc. back when they were young pilots themselves, then the story would progress through the phases of the war with the younger generation being introduced and climaxing with the end of the war in the fourth or fifth season.

However, if the scope of this is too big, then I would like to either see the the pre-Blair days of the war with Tolwyn, Palidin, Eisen, etc. as young pilots, or else see the series start just before WC2 where the tide of the war is starting to turn against the Confederation and leading up to the end of the war.

I think it would be nice if new characters were introduced so as to allow new story ideas and advoid the inevitable fan backlash which will happen otherwise.

Originally posted by Dark Tower
I think it would be nice if new characters were introduced so as to allow new story ideas and advoid the inevitable fan backlash which will happen otherwise.

Nobody cares about "the inevitable fan backlash", though.

Back