Novels Question

Originally posted by redwolf
hehehehehe!!! Sorry, I just have to laugh at that one. People generally don't 'root' about with their fingers (well they can, but its usually done with something else)! :D

Perv;)

Mind you, the state (and the contents!) of some of the second hand book shops I've been in...

Go for Amazon.de or some other German Online Bookstore. They have em. End Run (Der Hinterhalt) is the only one which is usually not available. The other ones should be all available. If you want Der Hinterhalt or another one which is no longer available then go for ebay.de. They have some novels too from time to time.

CYA
Prince Thrakhath

I know. :)
I got my 3 I from amazon in an auction (including End Run). And the other one I have I ordered in a normal bookstore. I was just jealous. He went into a bookstore and saw some of them, and I never see one. I have to order and wait.:(
But thanks for the advice.

Another hint about getting WC novels here in Germany (well, at least some of them! :) ):

Try one of those book shops that can be found at each larger train station. Those stores usually have the most complete collection of SF paperbacks published by Bastei-Lübbe.

I have to wait for my train home every night. In order to make the time pass I usually go there and skim through the SF section of our shop here in Bremen and there are always at least one or two WC novels around (mostly HotT or TPoF ).

Well for my next train travel, I got Dune.
But I'll look for the them at the main train station.
That was a hint I didn't know before. :D Thanks.

Dune ought to keep you busy for quite some time;)

The station idea was a good one though, might have to check out the airport too...

Whoa, did you say Dune's 800 pages? Mine's only 500.

Whatever. Good book, either way; my favorite. Read the others when you're done.

Mine's 464, 510 with the appendices, but we might be talking different formats or similar. My copy's NEL from 1975...

Dralthi5, you read the prequels yet? I'm just starting on them.

House Atreides/Harkonnen? Yup, I've read them. House Corrino comes out in October, then Herbert and Anderson are writing a trilogy for Tor about the Butlerian Jihad. Can't wait. Also, John Harrison's finished with the script (or close to, at any rate) for Children of Dune, the next miniseries.

Can you tell I like Dune? ;)

It's the novel concerning the 3 TV-episodes. Not the first film, the thing which followed later. It has 860 pages or so, but up from 750 is also appendixes. It was new-published, because the episoeds were shown on German TV 2 months ago. Today I bought it (birthday has its advantages, for ex. you get money :D). I'll read it (as I said before) during a train-voyage in my holidays.

We haven't had the miniseries in the UK yet:(, does it involve Messiah too?

Hopefully by the time I've finished Atreides, I should have a couple of WC books to read;)

Ahhhhhhhh. DUNE.
I cried when Paul kissed Chani outside the Sietch in the Dune I game.
I´m so sentimental *snif snif*.

And in another rarest thing, Miles Teg have the face of the Duke Leto (from the 1st game) when i imaginated him in Heretics of Dune.

[Edited by Ghost on 06-19-2001 at 20:33]

Oh...:) How sweet.
Miniseries: It's just one book, which includes the three parts of it, which were shown on TV (because of that 800 pages).
It is devided into three parts/chapters like the 3 parts of the TV-serie. They're called (no guarantee for the translation):
Dune-the desert planet
MUAD'DIB
The prophet
I don't know the Dune-cyklus very well, so I don't know what is especially meant with Messiah.
Is it one of the other five books, of which the Dune-cyklus econsisted before?

Fishbone, is the book an adaptation of the series or the original novel? Dune Messiah is the second book in the original series.

Ghost, I thought pretty much the same thing. Either Leto from the game or George C Scott, got that martial look about them.

Originally posted by Dak
We haven't had the miniseries in the UK yet:(, does it involve Messiah too?

No, only the first novel. The Children of Dune miniseries will cover both Messiah and Children. I'd like to see a God-Emperor miniseries, to tell you the truth. Wonder what they'd do with Leto II?

Back