No Prophecy GBA in Canada?

Uhh... yeah. Hooray for you.

Q, I meant "last Friday", so that would have been the 27th. My fault.

I also checked at eBoutique, Macquarie Centre, on Monday 30th June, after my last exam for the semester. Same result, ie nothing.

It's not like I'm going to rush to get it the first day it eventually gets here, especially given that $AU70 (about $US48) is quite a bit of money for me, but I would like to get it someday.

Are many games delayed in distribution? The fact that it's delayed and no one makes a big deal about it is possibly indicative of WC's waning popularity.

That actually probably means its passed whatever release date they may have but they haven't gotten a shipment yet... I've been to two different stores of theirs in the past week and a half and haven't seen one. On the plus side, this means we know they're actually getting it.

Wedge009 said:
Are many games delayed in distribution? The fact that it's delayed and no one makes a big deal about it is possibly indicative of WC's waning popularity.

Many games are, especially game boy games. This exact same thing happened with Medal of Honor Advance, Grand Theft Auto 3 Advance and many others. It doesn't reflect on Wing Commander at all.

Okay. Of course, you sell games for a living, so you'd know these things...

To Q or anyone else in Australia: Any word on WCPA yet? I don't want to persistently ask about it, in case the shop-keepers get the idea that I'm really desperate for it. Well, I suppose I am, but the money issues...

No, no sightings here. I've pretty much given up asking about it anyway. I figure that since it's not a new game anyway, there's really not much point getting impatient about it.

TC said:
That actually probably means its passed whatever release date they may have but they haven't gotten a shipment yet... I've been to two different stores of theirs in the past week and a half and haven't seen one. On the plus side, this means we know they're actually getting it.

I guess you're right. I tried Walmart, Zellers, Radio-Shack and a few others during the weekend and didn't find it.

I'm in Montreal, and Prophecy showed up some time at the start of July at EB.
Oh, and about the Prophecy GBA pic on the front page, it looks like the PC box more than the actual GBA box. For one thing, the Vampire is all dark like, and it looks reflective, like the PC box. I'm thinking the PC box pic was cropped and photoshopped onto the GBA box. For the record though, the Canadian box for Prophecy doesn't have the 3DFX or the Dolby Surround logo.

By the way, if you hate the screen on the GBA, you can always settle for the Gameboy Player for gamecube. It limits your portability, yes, but you can play your favorite GBA games without getting a sore neck. It does surprisingly well, I thought. Metroid Fusion is much more colorful on a television screen. I don't have a copy of Prophecy, though.

Or just use a GBA Emulator on the PC ;)
WCP looks better on the GBA however IMHO.

!!!

Are you sure you meant what you typed? I'm sure the look of the PC version of Prophecy is far superior to the GBA version.

Back