No Prophecy GBA in Canada?

Noticed that http://www.dvdboxoffice.com has Prophecy listed for sale... I can't tell if they actually have it in stock as they have a arrival date in april. But these guys are Canadian based, have free shipping, and a price of $48.95 CDN.

But you have to search for "wing commander". For some reason it's not under Prophecy (although they have the right box art).

If your wondering... these guys are legit. When the WC movie first came out, they somehow had the cheapest price and I ordered from them with no problems... and no shipping. That doesn't mean they have prophecy now though, but I'm tempted to try getting it from them.

Worf said:
Well, I picked up my copy of Prophecy - I didn't bother importing it. Instead, I went to Bellis Fair mall (Bellingham, WA).

Aww.. you should've driven another hour or two south and got it at my store.

Worf said:
I find it funny that it's easier, in Canada, to get a pirated version of Prophecy than it is to get the real thing. Looks like no one's learned anything about combating piracy. Heck, I think it came out the day after the real thing. And it looks like it may be how some of us get to play it up here, lacking any alternative means.

Hope you all up there get it soon.

Perhaps those living near the boarder can scoot on over to the US and buy it, then go back and declare it as a bag of wacky tobbacky??!! (seems wacky tobbacky will become legal sooner than pirated WCPGBA) :D

Or perhaps it's his form of sarcasm.

One thing I do note though, is how bad the GBA screen *SUCKS*. My god, it's hard to play Prophecy when you can't see the entire screen at once... either you get glare from the light source, or one part of the screen is dark (typically the shadow left by your head...).

(Yes, it's been a while since I've played with the GBA, and I can't come up with a good reason to get a GBA SP).

Quarto said:
Well, today it's theoretically WCPGBA-day here in Australia. We'll see.
Hmmm. Yes, they confirm that it is due to be in stores on June 20th, and yes, it is June 20th, but no, they don't have it. Ah, well, I guess given that the dates did not change, they're almost certain to have it by next week.

Worf said:
Or perhaps it's his form of sarcasm.

One thing I do note though, is how bad the GBA screen *SUCKS*. My god, it's hard to play Prophecy when you can't see the entire screen at once... either you get glare from the light source, or one part of the screen is dark (typically the shadow left by your head...).

(Yes, it's been a while since I've played with the GBA, and I can't come up with a good reason to get a GBA SP).

That dark screen is a good reason to get a GBA SP - the rechargable Li-Ion battery which makes it lighter and smaller is just a bonus for me. :D

Yeah, but I can't afford to spend the money to buy a GBA SP right now :). Considering the GBA is hardly used anyhow means it'll be doubly hard to convince anyone about its purpose... Ah well.

Worf said:
Yeah, but I can't afford to spend the money to buy a GBA SP right now :). Considering the GBA is hardly used anyhow means it'll be doubly hard to convince anyone about its purpose... Ah well.

Pity. I use mine all the time - Golden Sun, Golden Sun 2, Pokemon Sapphire... and there are some nice games coming out soon, too. If need be, trade in your old GBA... but I'd keep it anyways - so you have a GBA which won't need to be plugged in to keep playing.

i bought one too, but now it lies somewhere in my room. gues i have to buy that new sa version :)

TC said:
I don't think you know what pirated means.

Then why dont you tell us all o master of nut-in what it means?

Care to visit some sites that already have a "PIRATED" copy of this WCPGBA?

Its not hard really...beings your smart and all. Finding the 'pieces to the puzzle' to make the puzzle work is not hard either.

But I will let you fill in the blanks for us.

Actually, the only website I know is the newsgroup search of google... since any real website gets shut down within a week.

Quarto said:
Hmmm. Yes, they confirm that it is due to be in stores on June 20th, and yes, it is June 20th, but no, they don't have it. Ah, well, I guess given that the dates did not change, they're almost certain to have it by next week.
Last Sunday (June 27th) I went to two eBoutique stores (Winston Hill and Castle Hill, if you know the Sydney area), and both of them said it was due on the 20th, but they don't have it. Perhaps we (Australia) have to wait until July 11 as well? I don't really mind, but still, the delay is disappointing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I also checked yesterday (that was the 29th, actually :)). They stand by their June 20th date, but that's little consolation when it's not there anyway.

But yeah, July 11th would be fine too. I'm not that excited about playing WCP GBA anyway, since I don't have anyone to play it multiplayer with. Still, I'd like to have it already :p.

Lucky I live on the border with the states so i could drive over to walmart buy it. Thenchuck it under the seat. Then when i crossed the border guard askes me what i got I just say got gas and home free no duty to pay!!!!!! The border gaurds don't care what you bring over just as long as you pay the taxes on it.

Back