No News is not good news

Gave Eder samples for Standoff and he said I had a part. Totally forgot about those for the WCS mod, oops ;). If you still have parts to fill I'll send you the lines you asked for, but I'm guessing your full-up.

C-ya

hey, we are working on two campaigns right now... one is almost finished and you are right... we do not have any major roles left (there is as always a small chance that some of the actors will be not able to work on their part, but I woudn't count on that). The second campaign is still in development and I am sure there are still some roles that could suit you.

Report to my office immediatly :)

Nobody got their roles yet, apart from the major characters.

Overmortal is doing the Lionheart/Firekka's comm officer, Gryphon is doing Reismann (the dude who reads briefing assignments), etc... everyone else is still waiting for me to get off my lazy ass and assign them something :p

Yep, Freyers. Because we're cheap, we're recycling comm officers :p.

(of course, it does make sense plotwise, since the Lionheart's been mothballed and Freyers is supposed to be quite a good comm officer)

And the Firekka is supposed to be assigned all the best personnel in Gemini before getting sent to reinforce the Third Fleet.

It also adds a lot to the character side of things, in game. Freyers is annoying, so I'm sure players will have some sort of reaction when they realize they're stuck with that guy for the entirety of the main campaign as well :p

Yeah, you people are stuck with me for the whole damned game. Hahahahaha!

Reismann? As in Commodore Reismann, from the famous final showdown with the Steltek Drone/Bitch?

A poem *clears throat*

I'm sure the Confed pilot I play . . .
Will have something colorful to say. . .
You guys might hear it one day . . .
"Freyers is fucking gay" . . .

Why in God's name wouldn't You tell me something like that? That would have been wonderful as a character source!!!

Hmm, Eder must've assumed it was too obvious to mention :p.

(to be fair, we start out in Gemini sector, we make repeated mention of Admiral Terrell, so it is kinda reasonable to assume Commodore Reismann is the same as in Priv)

Yeah but Reismann's such a side character his name never rung a bell - now I wish I could have known this beforehand...

Eh, don't worry, man. Reismann's only participation in Priv made him sound like an idiot (he said, in a stupid voice, that a couple of destroyers and 4 bombers constituted a fleet, IIRC), and he looked like a fat version of Ed Harris' character from that movie about Alcatraz :p It's a good thing you haven't referred to Priv at all ;)

I wonder if they'd have been able to destroy the steltek drone without Burrows' help (assuming they actually caught up with the thing). I mean, obviously, in the game, you couldn't muster enough power on your own to deal with it until the gun got upgraded, but, an entire fleet? (or . . well . . maybe not THAT fleet . . . )

I'd like to see the steltek drone go against the Vesuvius (before it was destroyed, obviously) and the Midway simultaneously. And, perhaps, a Kitty dreadnaught (Wc3 era)

And, since I'm daydreaming, why not the Concordia (for the PTC) and, if that doesn't work, a long range shootout with the Behemoth (pre-boomboom). I'm pretty sure that, if nothing else, a shot from the Behemoth would fix the Steltek drone rather nicely.

:) Dream on . . . as quick as that little bugger was I don't think anything but a fighter could train weapons on it without being reduced to atoms first.

C-ya

He was a slippery little thing, wasn't he? Too bad that he wasn't "awake" during the timespan of Standoff. It'd be kinda neat to have a little run-in with the bugger . . . or to see some poor guy in a shot-up Centurion "jumping like crazy" to stay away from it. :)

Regarding Steltek v. Behemoth: when your shooting a big ray o' pain the better part of a kilometer wide, the chances that your going to hit something at long range increases. The minor detail that the drone could probably move fast enough to ensure a certain hit balances this however.

Back