No News is not good news

Indeed... you cannot have the Drakhai without somebody screaming "You cannot defeat the Drakhai!".

If I were putting that phrase into a game, I'd lift the voice directly from WC2. I don't think there is any way you can top that. ;)

C-ya

I also enjoy saying things like "Our young will gnaw on your shattered bones, hairless infidels!" or "This day they shall sing songs of your death!"

And, don't lift the WC2 version . . . gimme a shot at it, huh? I'm working on getting better at my WCP kilrathi voice . . it's just that the clips will need to be slowed down some to sound just right . . . maybe a few effects, but not much.

We won't use the WC2 Kilrathi sounds, since we wanna re-use as much WCP Kilrathi sounds as possible... then there's also the fact that Overmortal sounds very convincing, so it's all the more reason for us to re-do even the WC2 lines.

Actually, the WC2 cats would be easy too, I think. As far as I remember they sounded just like an angry human?

Are you already working on the main campaign missions or are you focusing on finishing the Prologue first?

At this time, we're coding missions for the Prologue, and working on mission outlines for the Main Campaign.

(I've finished rough outlines of all missions in the game already, but Quarto is adding more detail to my descriptions so the mission programmers know exactly what to do, down to the class and number of ships in each enemy spawn, etc.)

We might need a few, that we might... (evil grin :p)
Voiceover assignments should be coming soon to all those who have volunteered to help us... via email, in a week or two at the latest. Most people will play 2 roles.

(In yer case, Nick, you might get, like, two variants of Kilrathi pilots/officers, apart from a regular human pilot, which adds up to 3 roles, but still only a few lines. Dunno for sure yet.)

Hey Eder,

Maybe this might be of help to you guys. Maybe there should be some cameos by some of the Kilrathi Aces from the Victory Streak into the Battle of Earth? Such as Deathstroke or Deathfang? WC3 already has voices from such aces such as Bloodmist and Fireclaw. Maybe try to get those voices and have them be a pain the ass for the duration of the campaign (for example, have Bloodmist take out a Confed carrier in a cutscene and gloat, there is a reason he's the Kilrathi's best bomber pilot afterall).

But, if he's an existing ace from WC3, you wouldn't get to kill him in Standoff . . . not a bad idea, though. (Mostly, I'd love to have an extra voiceover to do :))

Eh . . that's entirely possible . . . but I kinda figured that they'd make up a different Kat ace. . . can I make him up?

Tu'k Pah'r nar Kiranka, a veteran Drakhai wingleader who pilots either a Gothri, or a Grikath. Distant cousin of Prince Thrakhath, he is not in the direct lineage of the Emperor, but, through many years of service in the war against the apes, has earned himself a formidable seniority and the moniker "Wise Hunter".

Any time you run into a wing of Gothri/Grikath, you come across this aging warrior who will fight you briefly, but escape intact until your last encounter over Terra.

Good subplot, eh?

As a matter of fact, I do like the idea. I'll figure something like that out when I get the time. :)

You two seem to be getting along well - I'll make sure to let you exchange a few insults in Standoff :p

Back