Nintendo UK magazine

Starkey

Avenging Rooster
What was that about? Where did they get those pictures from? Does anyone knows that a-hole e-mail so I can bash his "review"?

British magazines have always hated Wing Commander -- no one is quite sure why. The lesson to draw from this is as follows: England is horrible.

Hey, maybe that's the guy from the New York Times who made up a lot stories. He got a new job in a UK Mag, but havent lost is integrity :D

It's Wing Commander, look at the Dralthi. Perhaps SWC? None of the rest of it looks familiar...

Super Wing Commander (Dralthi) didn't look anything like that. Those shots are from Star Giants.

One word about the UK magazine:

:mad: KILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Where's that B@stard's email? Ill rip his /\/uts off!!

(if you want me to rephrase those last 2 sentances, please let me know)

Yeah, this is the thing I mentioned on #wingnut or mailed to news@ a couple of weeks ago that I saw refered to on a web board somewhere. I'd been wondering how they'd gotten an advance copy. The answer to that, of course, is that they didn't.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
British magazines have always hated Wing Commander -- no one is quite sure why.
Really?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The lesson to draw from this is as follows: England is horrible.
That's quite a gross generalisation, isn't it? :/

Not familiar with Star Giants. :confused: And I swear that thing in the first shot looks like a Dralthi.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Really?

Yes

That's quite a gross generalisation, isn't it? :/

Yes

Originally posted by t.c.cgi
Not familiar with Star Giants. And I swear that thing in the first shot looks like a Dralthi.

Yes

Star Giants was what Raylight ended up turning into Prophecy. It was a blatent Wing Commander clone, which they admitted, and they really really wanted a license.

I like how they go on about how space is all black (which is a stupidly odd complaint)... and then one of the non-Prophecy screenshots they used has a giant planet filling up most of the screen.

I guess I must just read the British mags that do have a sense of taste then;) I don't think I've read a review where they've given a WC game less than 80 odd percent (Though they were all PC mags)

Back