Next Wing Commander

Doesnt mean that XWA didn't kick ass. You havent really lived till you play the last mission, which is The Battle of Endor. :)

Although cruisn' around inside the Death Star at any kind of
speed like they did in the movies is nightmarishly hard.

Originally posted by Frosty
Hehe, if only 10 thousand people played that kind of game you can bet EA wouldn't be persuing it.

Actually, 10 thousand games in Japan - A Runaway sucess. At least computer games.

Originally posted by KrisV
I especially enjoyed the toothpaste nebulas.

To me the fact they had any nebulas AT ALL is an object of great envy.

WC6?? Is it Wing Commander Prophecy you're calling Wing Commander V? Well, it does make sence because it follows the storyline. Nevermind. I don't like the ones that don't follow the storyline. Ya won't catch me buying Armada or Acadamy or Privateer. Oh, and about what Wolf said about other games in the WC world -- Wouldn't mind a "doom" style game... I can just imagine spending hours beating up those fuzzy fleabags with a baseball bat, or from the other point of view, how satasfying it would be to plunge my claws into ol' blue hair. ;)

I would personally love to see a new WC game... if the next one is that last though, in terms of story (to satisfy consumers), they'd have to explain the Nephilim, depict changes in the war effort, and bring it to a close.

That could be an extraordinarily LONG game.

Okay, I havent played the last one yet, so the Nephilim are those mysterious fish people, right? And can you still get Prophecy Gold in stores anywhere?

Originally posted by Hobbs
(...) Ya won't catch me buying Armada or Acadamy or Privateer. (...)

Well, I suppose you can live without Armada/Academy (though you already miss quite some things) but not wanting Privateer is really a shock. It's one of the best WC games!

Oh and the Nephilim are rather described as bugs, not fish. :)

...Ya won't catch me buying Armada or Acadamy or Privateer...
I can understand not wanting to play Academy, it really is just the WC2 engine with a few extras and freedom of design. LOAF reckons it has the most accurate stats in the manual.

Armada is the only multiplayer WC game, but I'll admit I don't intend on playing it in my replay through the series.

Privateer, while a different idea to the main WC series, still has much of the WC universe within it and that makes it special. I wouldn't mind having a go at Privateer 2, even though it appears to be so different from the other WC games - it's the only WC game I don't have.

Originally posted by Vegita
Although cruisn' around inside the Death Star at any kind of
speed like they did in the movies is nightmarishly hard.

Pffft. What kinda pilot are you? I dont care how many times I had to play that level! I hit the throttle to at least 80% when entering the damned thing and was pushing 100% even before hitting the generator! You have to learn to go as fast as goddamned possible!

Okay, I havent played the last one yet, so the Nephilim are those mysterious fish people, right? And can you still get Prophecy Gold in stores anywhere?

Fishyyyyyyyy!!!!............

Originally posted by LeHah
What kinda pilot are you?
Haven't played the game, but you have to admit that going inside the second Death Star's gut was dangerous in the extreme [in the moive]. I'm surprised there wasn't any dead ends.

In XWA, there was these stupid rooms where you had to destroy turrets. Definitely made the level a little less than what it could've been.

The level is bloody frickin hard, but the one before that where you have to guard a series of cap ships and then take out the Super-Star Destroyer's sheilds is emotionally draining to the Nth degree.

No. Id rather an epic struggle and the satisfaction of defeating an equal or superior enemy. To truely understand this, try to defeat the SNES fighting game "Weaponlord" on Warlord.

Then we can talk...

Actually, Privateer 2 isn't set in the Wing Commander universe. First, if you look at the box, you can notice it doesn't say Wing Commander anywhere on it. Also, it was designed by Chris Robert's brother as a completely new game, but it was so much like WC: Privateer that he gave it that name.

Actually, Privateer 2 isn't set in the Wing Commander universe. First, if you look at the box, you can notice it doesn't say Wing Commander anywhere on it. Also, it was designed by Chris Robert's brother as a completely new game, but it was so much like WC: Privateer that he gave it that name.

Remember, Hobbs isn't actually a human being until he puts on a shirt saying so. :)

Back