News Flash From Iraq!

My comment about not understanding the poster involved France being invaded (for oil? They have oil?), something about the communist party not wanting Americans (OK, I can understand that...), and Renault factory workers (???).

I guess if you're going to photoshop a war poster, make it pass at least a basic level of reading. I guess I might get it if I didn't stop to look at it, but now I did look at it... it confused me.

Worf said:
My comment about not understanding the poster involved France being invaded (for oil? They have oil?), something about the communist party not wanting Americans (OK, I can understand that...), and Renault factory workers (???).

I guess if you're going to photoshop a war poster, make it pass at least a basic level of reading. I guess I might get it if I didn't stop to look at it, but now I did look at it... it confused me.

That's my point, though - it's a *real* poster.

It's also not war related - IIRC, it was part of the isolationist movement within France during the immediete postwar period.

First time I've ever seen that poster, but I would guess it was probably a part of a propaganda campaign to persuade France to stay out of NATO. After all, just about all communist parties worldwide supported the Soviet Union to some degree.

My guess is that Quarto is correct .
It's a call to nationalism to stop the "Imperial Capitalist"
from taking over the world , starting with France .
My take on it any way .
Dumb joke , stupid poster , politics just brings that out in people .

Really? Surprise to me. The IPs are totally different.
Fooled me. Until I traced them. San Antonio, Texas, all the way.

Back