New wingcommander game??

psychonaut

Spaceman
Hello!

I'm just wondering if there are any new wingcommander game on the way. I remember in the god ol' 90's when i read somewhere that WC6 were supposed to be released chrismas 99. That has obviously not happend?

Well, Wing Commander: Secret Ops, the sequel to Prophecy, is technically Wing Commander VI. That's the latest new game. Prophecy is being released on the GBA within the next month or so, though. You can find details on that here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, people like me, who haven't Secret Ops, can't play Unknown Enemy, which is a shame since it looks Great

But... you can download Secret Ops free of charge... I mean, even with a modem, it's not that big a problem :p.

Thanks for the link, Quarto, I'll download the game tomorrow, since I haven't got enough space on my Zip Disks at the moment

I thought that its now forbiden to download SecretOps.Or is it just for the other episodes after Episode 1?

I would never even hint at the availability of Secret Ops episodes because it isn't allowed, as per the rules... I also think TC is a great guy and everyone should love him.

I have a question for you regulars here. Why is it that you people are so against the piracy of the wing commander games? They have been abandoned by EA. Why does the CIC support the piracy of the WCA tv show and not the games?

Just asking.

Wow... how have they been abandoned by EA? That makes much less sense than it does when talking about... say... Wing Commander Armada or somesuch (and still doesn't make a huge amount of sense). How is giving away the game free for a limited period of time and then later selling it to large numbers of people abandoning it?

Originally posted by Morphine420
Why does the CIC support the piracy of the WCA tv show and not the games?

Distribution of certain things like Proving Grounds, the Kilrathi Saga addons, the TV show and such have been specifically condoned by Origin. Call EA and have them send me an email about distributing SO and I'll be the first one to upload the files.

I just wonder 2 things.Why The Kilrathi Addons wasnt included in the KS collection and you have to d/l them.(I d/l them 2 years after i bought KS..)

And How Origin decided to release The WCAcademy Series free.

They also released back then SO free...

Damn! What a great company!!

Origin didn't release the Academy cartoon for free... they don't have the power to, since it's not their property :). It's just that (fortunately) they don't give a damn, for the same reason - it's not their property.

Oh...Whoever`s property it is ,why they dont "give a damn" ?
They could earn some money now,by releasing them in a couple of DVD`s !

Dunno. It may be that nobody has thought of that. Or it may be that they don't think it would sell. I mean, sure, we'd all buy it, but that's still not a very big market.

Yes, thats true.It never came here (Greece) so I dont know if it was a successfull cartoon or not.

We are a shoooort community of Wc fans :(

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
I just wonder 2 things.Why The Kilrathi Addons wasnt included in the KS collection and you have to d/l them.(I d/l them 2 years after i bought KS..)

The Secret Missions weren't ready and the Special Operations weren't originally going to be available.

Originally posted by ChrisReid
Call EA and have them send me an email about distributing SO and I'll be the first one to upload the files.

You should just put them up, If they say anything (which i doubt they will) just take it down. The only reason i say this is because they no longer make WCP: Gold, and there offical store no longer lists it.

What has been your experience with them lately. If they dont make other sites take off there wing commander games, they probaly wont bother you huys (I could be wrong).

Anyway, you guys do more for the community than anyone, if it wasnt for the CIC, I dont think wing commander would still have the fans it has today :)

Back