New Wing Commander Suggestion for Origin

and what is wrong in playing with old ships. I never played WC I and I still like to have another shoot at WC II with a new engine.
There is no need for a new game to have brand new ships, it nice to play a new type of ship but its not a real need for that.
And the war takes place in a very large place, there were battles in places that never show up, A game based in one of the novels could be very intersing because I never read one of those.

I also like the Idea of basing a game on the 10 years that Blair was stuck as Carnaeveron Station. Alot could/did happen then. I would also like to play as Tolwyn in the directly bost McAluff days. Another good idea is to play as a Kilrathi.

Originally posted by Dragon
Well we got the Humans, Kilrathi, Nephilim, Steltek, Mantu, Mopok, Firekkan, The Double Helix Race, Utara, Hari, Varni, Wu, Eyoka, Jarma, Haggans, Hagarin, Gorth, Sorn, Ka and Shata.
I am forgeting someone?
Boy what a crowded universe.

If this races exist in the Wing Commander Universe why I get to battle just against the Nephilim or years ago the Kilrathi ? Why doesn´t exist alliance between the diferent factions ?

I don't understand this.

In WWII there were the Allies and the Axis and everyone here know who was the good or bad boys. So, why the nephilim can't ally or bribe some race that dislike the Terran Confed and create a Allien confed ? So this new Alien Menace can interchange say technology and knowledge.

Damn, We need a better storyline for this new futurisic Wing Commander.

Originally posted by Earthworm
[***The Kilrathi Empire is back ? &%@!$#: more destructive and technological advanced than the Confed.***

That would be stupid. The game would have to be set a long time after Prophecy/SO, which would require completly new characters to be introduced.
[/B]

I ran out of ideas. So if you want to add one, then do it know or shut out....... :D :p

Dude your WWII analagy is off in that there were more countries that were not allied with either side than there were who were on the Axis and Allies combined. Also Daemon unless you haven't played any pre-wc3 games, one does see alot of the races, The Seltek are in privateer, the Mantu are a race that the Kilrathi fought 200 years ago and fought to a draw, the Firekkan are members of the Confederation. The Hari commited mass suicide rather than allow the Kilrathi the pleasure and honor of killing all of them them selves, and the Varni were the people the Kilrathi defeated before the Terran War and they trickeled into the Confederation with news of the Kilrathi but weren;t payed attention to. The Double Helix Race comunicate through some sort of transmitions that would normally fry a human brain. And the rest I am unfamiliar with, i think alot were in P2

The Steltek disapered centuries ago, and most belive that because of a war they do that, most other races fight the kilrathi and were conquered by then before the Kilrathi and the ConFed found each other, the mantu also vanish during some battles with the Kilrathi, the Kilrathi never found out what happen to that race and always feared they would come back, the Firekkan and the Mopok are relative primitive races that only reach spaceflight by the help of ConFed (If I am wrong correct me) and the Firekkan are somewhat of a allied with confed, The Double Helix Race is quite strange, Confed does not know exacty what they are.
The Nephilim are very strange, by all acounts they visited Kilrah BEFORE the Kilrathi have passed the stone age, they are a complet mistery.
And most of this races never got any kind of develment, besides the Nephilim look like a predetory race that destroys everthing in its path, in fact there is something that one Nephilim pilot says in SO that is quite scary and helps our Bug aliance a bit. He say "the alied races will..." what he tying to say is quite strange.

still "the aligned races will..." is still a very strange thing to say and it only show up in SO it´s not in WC P.
And sorry its have been some time since I played SO.

I may be wrong, but it sounded to me like the Prophecy team had some pretty good ideas about what was going to happen in the sequels. There was an extract posted on the CIC in December from an interview with an EA producer who worked on Prophecy and he said the plan was to have the bugs as one of three races "under the command of an entity". (If anyone hasn't read it, I highly reccommend checking it out in the CIC's news archives, December 26.)

He says that they were interested in humanity's affinity for killing (recall Blair's talk of our "darker nature"). If they had been monitoring the Kilrathi, intending to return, as the prophecy foretold, then they would certainly have had plenty of time to observe their war with Confed. As it was, maybe their near annihalation of the Kilrathi - as they threatened to do nearly 300 years ago - was just a secondary goal while their primary objective was to study Confed first hand. They pick Blair because of his role in the destruction of Kilrah and decide to use him as the focus of their studies.

If the aliens, whether the three races and this "entity", or simply just the bugs, are as powerful as the prophecy says, then all the forces they sent through the wormhole could have been nothing more than a small scouting party. They probably expected them to be wiped out but it didn't matter because they were expendable and all they wanted was first hand information about the Confed.

It sounds as though the plan was to have a much deeper development between Blair and the aliens - as I was expecting to see in Prophecy after he returned from his capture. (I was half expecting him to sabotage the Midway's efforts - he seemed... well, so darn shifty.) It seems too simple to me for him to have just plain died on that tower so I reckon he's back with the aliens now where they're doing... well... something to him, intending to send him back as some sort of 'agent of darkness'.

I, personally, quite like the sound of it and it's along the sort of lines I exptected Prophecy to go as I played through it the first time. If there's ever to be a sequel, I would much rather it to just continue this plot than start doing anything new.

I would refuse to play any game in which Blair is a bad guy. With the exception of playing as the Kilrathi in the war.

Originally posted by Griffin
I may be wrong, but it sounded to me like the Prophecy team had some pretty good ideas about what was going to happen in the sequels. There was an extract posted on the CIC in December from an interview with an EA producer who worked on Prophecy and he said the plan was to have the bugs as one of three races "under the command of an entity". (If anyone hasn't read it, I highly reccommend checking it out in the CIC's news archives, December 26.)
Oh, we read it... it's just that it scares us to death ;). Or at least it bothers me a lot. Thinking about it for a month has helped, but it still seems wrong.

As it was, maybe their near annihalation of the Kilrathi - as they threatened to do nearly 300 years ago -
You're confusing the Nephilem and the Mantu. The Mantu are most definitely not the Nephilem... though it is of course possible that the distraction that saved the Kilrathi 300 years ago were the Nephilem.

(I was half expecting him to sabotage the Midway's efforts - he seemed... well, so darn shifty.)
Shifty? To me, it seemed like he wanted to get back at them. I was expecting him to hop in a fighter and go on a suicide mission... which is what indeed seemed to happen, until this disturbing interview came to light.

Originally posted by Napoleon
I would refuse to play any game in which Blair is a bad guy. With the exception of playing as the Kilrathi in the war.

So refuse to play against Blair and you could be missing the new Wing Commander Episode....

any idea where in the archives this interview is?

Blair basically was annoying the entire way through the series, the idea for the trilogy is goof, but a super entitiy is not on. its a stupid idea, i think, pre war or prewc1 is good, however, the entire universe is stuck in a whole, the bugs were a way out, but the steltek could be a better one, Origin stopped not just because they wanted to concentrate on UO but also because their is no way to really continue the WC universe, it was destroyed by the end of WC3, the bugs almost revived it. but lets face it, the game is done, not because origin want it to be but because it cant go anywhere

Wrong, that are still a lot of lose ends in the WC universe.
the time that Tolwyn was just a pilot(I would have a problem with that since I will be always try to get him killed), the first moves on the war, the 10 years that Blair was flying a desk, other carries(do you think that only the Tiger´s claw/Concordia/Victory were the only confed carriers that have done anything in the War?), the end of the war (the novel) and god knows what more....
There was no need of the Bugs to go in a different direction, there are still a lot of questions in the game that were never explained.
And Blair was during the time of end of WC I / end of WC II trated like a traitor, only after the Kilrah run he was treated like Godlike.

Hi Dragon, nice to meet someone from Port. arround here, is it my impression or are we a very small minority? Do you know were I can find a decent and COMPLETE WC timeline ?
Even the one in the CIC is not completed!

Shooter: that is a question i have been asking the CIC staff for a long time.
Madman: there is a lot to do with the universe just like Dragon said.

Daemon: WC is about hero's like blair and having him be a bad guy scares me and would be wrong and if they did do that I assure you that that would be the last WC game ever.

It's the wirdest thing... ALL of the timelines i saw around the net finish at the end of WC III. C'mon guys! The hardest part is already done! I still haven't played WC IV, so I'm very interested in knowing what was the story of the game. One other thing that has been bugging me for a long time. I read somewhere that there was a war before
WCI and even before the pilgrim wars.
They called it the fist space war or something, is this true?

Well it was the mantu which beat the kilrathi to a stalemat right? if so they'd be the perfect race to introduce but in order to so the nephilim invasion would have to be really stepped up. A problem with prophecy is most people on the killboard stayed active, the ship stayed clean with no major damage, you never really got the feeling that the situation was that life threatening. Having whordes of nephilim attacking our entire galaxy would indeed be fun

The Mantu kicked the Kilrathi's ass when the Kilrathi tried to fight them. The Mantu are probably much more powerful, but are probably not aggressive at all.

Well Shooter the time line gets a bit screwy with the movie now, and its no better within the game, privatter is place in about the same time as WC III besides all the tecnologic diferences in both games.
See the links in the wing commander CIC "www.wcnews.com" there a lot of sites there that have a time line but its not complete.
And Pedro the mantu just run away from the Kilrathi and vanish in space, the Kilrathi were always afraid that they would come back (that is on the WC P manual) to fight once again(just being paranoid, the mantu were a explorer race that respond to the Kilrathi attacks with determination, before vanish, the Kilrathi never found the mantu again, its on the WC P manual).
But they never did.....
Perhaps the Bugs eat the mantus?

Back