New WG Movie

SonOfTheDark said:
...would like to know what the fans would like to see in terms of story, characters, cast & crew etc. ;)

Sorry, but I only know what I like after I've seen it completed.

thats kind of a dumb thing to say to a guy whos asking for input from the community on what would generate interest.

how are you planning on doing sets and what not? Physical or CG? Do you have any ideas already on what you want to do or hoping folks will generate them for you?

only things i can think of to ask right now.

BradMick

I'd like to see something set during the WC1 era. The real WC1 era, not the phoney thing from the Wing Commander movie.

Falcon988 said:
I'd like to see something set during the WC1 era. The real WC1 era, not the phoney thing from the Wing Commander movie.

Wasn't the Wing Commander movie directed by Chris Roberts?

Its not gonna be a real movie of course, its fanfiction for the game ;)

I want to set it after "The Price of Freedom", but don't really copy "The Prophecy", with 2 or 3 new main characters and supporting characters like Blair and Maniac.

Well, theres several years between TPoF and Prophecy, so you certainly have some room to work in. I believe Blair was a flight instructor and Maniac got his first command on the Kiev during this time period though.

BradMick said:
thats kind of a dumb thing to say to a guy whos asking for input from the community on what would generate interest.

Besides the fact that it's the truth? I can sit down and list the times I've thought something sounded like it'd be fun and then it turned out I hated it, and vice versa. I believe that if you have something you want to do, you should be the one to come up with the idea for it. The vast majority of creative projects that succeed work that way, right?

SonOfTheDark said:
I want to set it after "The Price of Freedom", but don't really copy "The Prophecy", with 2 or 3 new main characters and supporting characters like Blair and Maniac.

That sounds fine.

The 'original plan' that shows up on the internet isn't real -- it's a piece of elaborate fan fiction.

SonOfTheDark said:
You mean the Prophecy Design Document here: https://www.wcnews.com/archives/ ?

Looks real to me... anyway, part of it sounds good ^^

Oh, yes, those are real -- I scanned them :)

I'm sorry, I assumed you meant the other one -- the one that's full of 'fan stuff' (Mantu and Steltek and playing as a Kilrathi and so forth).

Last edited by a moderator:
No, Chris did direct the movie. The executive producers were Joseph Cohen, Romain Schroeder and Jean-Martial Lefranc.

Bandit LOAF said:
No, Chris did direct the movie. The executive producers were Joseph Cohen, Romain Schroeder and Jean-Martial Lefranc.

Whoops sorry I'll go to bed now. Too tired to think.

Could have been worse. What bothered me the most was the generic scary alien interior of the kilrathi ships... The boarding scene had more in common with the outro scene in prophecy than anything from WC1-3.

Back