New Saga Rapier!

Have to agree it's a great model along with a great texture. Like the detail of it, individual markings and plating. Also thanks to the explanation of how the ship will be used in the mod; 2nd rate fighter insystem squadron, FRLN unit and in sim missions, it shows there is a lot of thought been put in this.

Will be interesting to see what for ships will be added in the coming months :)

now this is interesting as you were never part of it ;)

I don't know who the hell you think you're talking to - but I'm sure it isn't me.

tolwynjz3.jpg

Does the Saga team realize that a heck of a lot of their proper nouns are just people Psych knew/didn't like in the Aces Club?

Surely not. I, uh, was talking to a completely different person and quoted your reply by a mistake. I beg your pardon. :)

But as you did not record/submit a single line ... *shrugs*

On a side note: it is sad that the discussion got sidetracked. It is not too late to get back to the topic though :D

But as you did not record/submit a single line ... *shrugs*

Let the record show I was unable to do them due to a medical issue (oral surgery), a death in the family and then the whole situation with your people acting like subversive jerks to other fanmods at the time.

But, thats neither here nor there now, is it?

I don't understand. If somebody phrases an opinion in a way that you don't like automatically labels him as an idiot?

I really don't think that it has anything to do with patience or being fed up.
I'm a new member and i really wouldn't like that someone calls me an idiot because of a way i said something. It is my opinion and if it isn't downright vulgar, noobish or whatever i should be free to phrase it how i will, without fear of being insulted by more authoritative figures on the board?

I'm a new member and i really wouldn't like that someone calls me an idiot because of a way i said something.

If you're being called an "idiot" for the way you said something, why not question what you wrote instead of being defensive. Chances are - whatever was said *was* stupid; why else would someone get singled out?

That said - you are new here, and sometimes it takes some time to get into the swing of things around here, so don't take it completely to heart. The CIC and the CZ are very unusual in that we expect far more from our friends and community than any other website would - we ask people to *think* before they post.

Me being new here, doesen't mean i'm new to the boards in general. I have met this sort of situation before.

I think that arena rapier is ugly. So? That makes me an idiot?

Calling someone an idiot, based on his opinion is what i consider impolite and uncivilized.
Especially since the guy(Kavok?) has apologized, and Bandit LOAF didn't. If anything else could be disputed that can not.

That said, i don't want to flame or insult anyone, especially Bandit since a figure that he is a very helpful and good member, i just want to voice my opinion on this matter. That makes me an idiot?

I don't think that's the ponit at all. You can complement the very good Saga Rapier without making some hyperbolic trashing of the Arena Rapier.

Me being new here, doesen't mean i'm new to the boards in general. I have met this sort of situation before.

And again - I'll say that this board is not like any other internet board you've been to. We expect people to be responsible, intelligent members who have a strong affection for the gaming series.

Perhaps the best way to put it is to think of this forum as a "real life discussion". If you walked into the middle of a conversation about Star Trek and just started telling us you hated something about it over and over and over, how would the other people react? They'd probably roll their eyes and ignore you. Why? Because simply having an opinion or something to say is never enough. No one can respect someone who steps on a soapbox just to make noise.

Calling someone an idiot, based on his opinion is what i consider impolite and uncivilized.

I agree - if you dont believe in a thing such as an idiot. But your opinion was pretty impolite, if you think about it. Why should I care or respect your opinion if you won't justify it? And why do you get angrier when someone points that out to you? Feel responsible for what you say, please.

That said, i don't want to flame or insult anyone, especially Bandit since a figure that he is a very helpful and good member, i just want to voice my opinion on this matter. That makes me an idiot?

I think your heart may be in the right place but this passive-aggressive thing isn't going to fly very far.

Especially since the guy(Kavok?) has apologized, and Bandit LOAF didn't. If anything else could be disputed that can not.

I know what you mean and agree for most of it...

But... I think it's not just what he said, but how he said it...

We all know that Arena has been attacked for almost everything, and it wouldn't be estrange if most of us take offense in the way Kavok talked about that ship...

Like I said before, it's not what he said; it's how he said it... I would be a really good gesture if LOAF apologized, but I wouldn't ask him to, since I felt the same way:(

"Uncivilized"? That is exactly the kind of mindless hyperbole that dragged this thread down in the first place.

It depends how you do it. I certainly have no respect for your having phrased it in this manner - it's a stupid attack, it's unrelated to the topic at hand and it isn't backed up by any intelligent discussion.

This doesn't make sense. The very fact that he apologized was his admission that he did something wrong. He realized this *because* I called him on the issue. The entire concept of an apology breaks down if it's something automatic. Oh, you apologized to me? Then I should to you! That's a disgusting concept - it's pretending words don't have meaning. If 'civilization' means doing things by rote and without emotion or subtance then I'll stick with savagery.

That's not the deal at all though. Nobody cares whether or not he likes the SWC Rapier. That wasn't the point. Did nobody even read the post? I'm going to get pretty mad if people keep jumping in here without understanding what's going on.

I don't understand. If somebody phrases an opinion in a way that you don't like automatically labels him as an idiot?

No, but getting involved here now is a good way to to lose the ability to phrase anything.

I'm a new member and i really wouldn't like that someone calls me an idiot because of a way i said something. It is my opinion and if it isn't downright vulgar, noobish or whatever i should be free to phrase it how i will, without fear of being insulted by more authoritative figures on the board?

There's a very easy way to prevent that. If you're a new member somewhere, don't go around posting idiotic things.

There's a very easy way to prevent that. If you're a new member somewhere, don't go around posting idiotic things.

I don't know. I'd hate to disuade anyone from posting idiotic things just *because* they were new. :)

That said, there's something of a misunderstanding as to how discussion in general works here. The truth of the matter is that I have no power over Kavok, nor Kavok over myself... so while you *feel* like you're coming to the defense of the little guy, you're actually just involving yourself needlessly in an existing balance (unless, of course, you have something especially new or unique to contribute). This discussion won't end like a shouting match or an election.

The irony of all this is that Klavs's Rapier looks quite a bit like the SWC version that the basic Arena version is based on, especially from certain angles. I'll do a mock-up to show this out.

Here's a shot of the SWC Rapier in roughly the same posture as "Flight Ops" (poorly composed and lighted as this shot may be.)

RapierLaunch.jpg

Klavs's Rapier is somewhat sleeker and more rakish, and has a shorter wingspan, but it retains the more bulbous nose and overall more integrated design as compared to the WCII model.

And again - I'll say that this board is not like any other internet board you've been to. We expect people to be responsible, intelligent members who have a strong affection for the gaming series.

On the contrary, it's pretty much on the same level, don't make yourself believe that this is the only dedicated fan community that exists... :)

Quote:

It depends how you do it. I certainly have no respect for your having phrased it in this manner - it's a stupid attack, it's unrelated to the topic at hand and it isn't backed up by any intelligent discussion.

Really? I happen to believe that giving a negative opinion does not automatically count as an attack. There's a different between argument and discussion, no?
Does this mean that i will have to justify my personal aesthetic taste if i say for something that its ugly/pretty?

This doesn't make sense. The very fact that he apologized was his admission that he did something wrong. He realized this *because* I called him on the issue. The entire concept of an apology breaks down if it's something automatic.

The fact that Kavok apologized does not mean he is the only one who erred. That is exactly the part that i consider was not fair. I can understand the previous exchange, but the fact that he tried to be respectful and polite afterwards, which was largely ignored, i can't.

No, but getting involved here now is a good way to to lose the ability to phrase anything.
Is that a threat?

NOTE: All the questions in this reply are just that, questions. They don't hold any sarcastic meaning whatsoever.

Back