New Privateer 2 Patch Adds Deinterlace Feature & Makes Numerous Improvements (October 1, 2013)

Discussion in 'News Discussion' started by AD, Oct 1, 2013.

1. AD

AD Finder of things, Doer of stuff

You should be able to edit dark.fix in notepad or any other text editor. This is a separate file than darkfix.exe

CyBear likes this.
  2. CyBear

CyBear Spaceman

*Blush* I guess I need to brush up on my basic reading skills. You, kind person, are an absolute hero! Thank you so much taking the time to reply. Finally I can enjoy this classic with the graphics it deserves.

Now all I have to deal with are the random crashes after making jumps, but at least those are quite rare so I still get to play the game.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  3. rfxcasey

rfxcasey Spaceman

Late to the party, Google Chrome is blocking this file as being potentially harmful, how can I confirm that's a false positive?

4. AD

Are you trying to download the latest version? Is it the zip file you are trying to download (I could see it not wanting to download an EXE file directly)? I have no issues with this file in chrome: http://download.wcnews.com/files/p2/p2_patch_test3.zip

5. rfxcasey

rfxcasey Spaceman

Yes it was a zip but it was p2_patch_test1_ogl......zip as listed in the chrome download bar at the bottom of the browser. I successfully downloaded the file you linked to with no complaints from Chrome so thanks. Obviously somehow I found an older or corrupt version. Thanks for the reply. Any advice you can give on the install and setup?

6. AD

Glad the download worked this time. IIRC you just unzip the file into your P2 install directory. Then, when you want to play, run darkfix.exe instead of the original dark.exe to launch the game.

If you installed the game anywhere other than the default directory on your C: drive you will want to edit dark.fix (basically a config file for the patch) to point to your installation drive and directory of choice.