New movie storyline

Wrath

Spaceman
ok if they made a new WC movie and stock to the tryed and tested WC we all know and love what would us say would be the best story line?

in my personal opinion I'd love to see the WC 4 storyline put into a proper film , I know that game was basically a film anyway , but i'd just love to see that as a full movie instead of a half bread between game and movie.

The best storyline in my opinion would be WING COMMANDER: END RUN or WING COMMANDER: FLEET ACTION. The WC4 was already made in to a version of a film, so lets stick with a book on the next one. Hopefully the next movie will stick to the book and not pull a Jurassic Park on us and change a heck of a lot.

In my opinion, the WC: END RUN would certainly be an excellent movie. So many battles and a heck of a lot of drama with jason's love interest and the drunken Captain. There would also be lots of guts and glory.

WC: FLEET ACTION would also be a good movie, but that would almost be like EMPIRE STRIKES BACK in that it would be kindda depressing seeing the Confederation be so badly hurt in back stabbing attack.

I'd like to see the first two expansion packs made into movies, since the only one that's been novelized turned out to be Freedom Flight. I'd love to see Operation Thor's hammer play out on screen. Then it would be cool to see WCII and it's expansions hit the screen.

That would be different, but sweet! We would get to see what "...up close and personal." with the Cats is like!

And their fighting styles and the cruelties they partook on the human species. It certainly might be a little gory, but that is what the war is...

That would be awesome. In my opinion, any war movie should be extremely gory, like Starship Troopers, because war IS NOT happy or fun. It should not be a cup of Tea. It needs to be sad, depressing, and full of gore. Take the landing in Saving Private Ryan. That is the way things were, and I think we can assume that things were worse in the Kilrathi war because they disembowled their victims. "Take no prisoners" was shed in a new light with the Kilrathi.

Action Stations. Action Stations is the greatest novel in the history of the universe.

It's even better now that I've found my copy of it!

Wasn't that the attack on Mcaffie(sp?) that was a pretty cool story line... It certainly would almost be like the space Pearl Harbor.

my idea is not so much a movie, it is an idea for cut scenes.
they'd be like the one's in Austin Powers, as they would be linked to the story, and themed to WC, but instead od crazy music and funky colors, have some shots from a gun cam, ie. WW2 P-51-esk, or missile cams as the home in on their prey, or just show part of the WC universe that we are not familiar with, ie life in space, future bathrooms, mining, ship maintance or something, it would be cool.

Originally posted by Happy
my idea is not so much a movie, it is an idea for cut scenes.
they'd be like the one's in Austin Powers, as they would be linked to the story, and themed to WC, but instead od crazy music and funky colors, have some shots from a gun cam, ie. WW2 P-51-esk, or missile cams as the home in on their prey, or just show part of the WC universe that we are not familiar with, ie life in space, future bathrooms, mining, ship maintance or something, it would be cool.

Dang, dude. I can't tell if you're cramping my style or surpassing it :confused:

Hmmm... sounds kindda interesting... but I don't know if that would work. Are you talking about a music video or something to that effect? If so what music were you thinking of?

Originally posted by pygmypiranha
Wasn't that the attack on Mcaffie(sp?) that was a pretty cool story line... It certainly would almost be like the space Pearl Harbor.
wasn't the first WC:MOVIE already a pearl harbor?
being that pegasus station was completely unprepared and surprised by the attack, and that confed could not respond in time.

It wasn't the same. They were prepared for the attack in the sense that they knew there was a war going on... The attack in Action Stations occurred when nobody expected the Kilrathi to attack anything en masse

Back