New 3D Thread

Basically, I'm hoping to get the WC I and II ships working in Freespace Open (maybe eventually Star Citizen). I plan on starting small and going from there. If I could get the ferret, Sartha, confed pilot and Caveravin Station models that would get me off to a great start. Im not too worried about poly limits at this time.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope things are rectified soon. Thanks for all your help!

If you don't want to pay the monthly rental fee for Cyrsis engine, look at Unreal 4 for the time being. It's free and you can work surprisingly fast. It converts many times faster than POF and you can get a nice walkaround of the ship. (This really helps in finding little bugs in the ship)

Crappity crap crapper crapperton crapity crap crap crap.

I forgot to back up my Concordia 3d model... nooooooooooooooo!

Crappity crap crapper crapperton crapity crap crap crap.

I forgot to back up my Concordia 3d model... nooooooooooooooo!
You did do some art pieces so you at least have references to redo it. Perhaps v2 will be better? It's at least just that model right? Right?! :(

1.JPG
Whelllllllp... Starting over then.

First off...Hi..New to the forum but follows the game for as long as I can remember. I fell in love with it even more when Mark Hamill did the live action stuff. Anyways...my question is. Has anyone ever done up a model of the movie version tiger claw. The one with freddy prince and matt lilard or how ever its spelt. I really liked that version cause of the whole submarine look and also how it opened up. I was hoping to grab it for a project I am working on. The whole it can split open to expose the hangar and sub hangars was really cool. I know it may be a tall feet to do but if possible I'd like to make a request of someone to give it a go...Maybe you may already have it locked away on some harddrive somewhere...THANKS IN ADVANCE and keep up the good work. Love the stuff done so far on here. I looked at a lot of screen shots and was super impressed...TMH

Ya I seen him on the web actually. It was made for star trek armada 2. I got the pack off of the ModDB to see if I could find the mesh as well as his contact information but couldn't find the ship in the zip. Thanks a bunch for the msg back and the welcome. I normally stay away from forums cause I'm busy with work and such not that my work is hard..well kinda but I really wanted this ship for my own adventures and figured this would be a great place to ask about it as I seen so many good models already here.

UPDATE

I actually found a different download with a readme that included the makers email address. I have emailed him/her with the hope that he will be able to help me out.

Last edited:
It occured to me that I have a lot of random Kilrathi bits and bobs, so... Kilrathi Kitbash! Call it the Mwrowr'ftttt'hssss class... destroyer maybe?

View attachment 7703
Depending on the physical size, I'd call it a frigate or a light cruiser. I really like this invention of yours. Haven't seen a new symmetrical Kilrathi ship since the FX engine.

Very nice. Maybe it's a fast cruiser... I'm having problems distinguishing weaponry, but what other kind of ship needs seven engine ports? Give me the overall dimensions in pixels and a scale (meters per pixel) and I could tell you what it compares to.

Thrakhath looks over the plans and says. "Kiga. Ja'lhu vrax gar'ha?"

I guess frigate is a good designation for him. (There are 10 engines, because why not? :)

These are my lengths as the designs wound up being modeled, based on attempted window size consistency. Disclaimer: May or may not conflict with cannon lengths, I really don't worry about it too much.

Dreadnought omitted because let's not start THAT again :p

Klavskil.jpg

Last edited:
Back