Nephilim Tiamat, or WC rip-off

Happy

Spaceman
This is a screen grab of the third episode on the Animatrix DVD.
The war between man and machine.
I couldn't help but notice the similarities.
wc-matrix.jpg

This is the pic of a Tiamat from Prophecy.
(which by the way, the pic. link in the ship database is base is broken.)
this isn't the most convincing angle, but it's the best i could find.
tiamat.jpg

WC rip-off? You decide for yourself.

PS. the Animatrix dvd is sweet, and I suggest you go buy it, unless you are in egypt, and ur government banned it......

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched it a few nights ago. I missed the Tiamat in question but to tell you the truth, I didn't really care for the DVD that much. The first vision was great (the CG one) and a few of the other ones were okay (like the one where ash goes after Trinity) but overall, it was rather disappointing to me.

C-ya

It does have some similarity, but I doubt it's a rip-off. The Animatrix is great. They're all awesome except for "The House" and "Matriculated" (ugh). And I love The Kid's relation to Reloaded.

Sorry bout the double post but the ship from the Second Renassiance (Part 2) looks more like a Tie-Interceptor IMO.

Sorry bout the double post but the ship from the Second Renassiance (Part 2) looks more like a Tie-Interceptor IMO.

Yeah, the similarities are quite apparent.

wc-matrix.jpg

interceptor.jpg

My god you guys are the biggest nit-pickers I ever did see!!

Jebus, the Tie Interceptor and that thingy from Animatrix barely even remotely look alike - there is a vague (I point out "vague") simlarity in general shape, but damit man that's just nit-picking...

Same as the WC:p Tiamat and the Animatrix one, there is a vague simlarity.

There is a difference between a similarity and a rip-off people ;)

Originally posted by Lord Porky
Jebus, the Tie Interceptor and that thingy from Animatrix barely even remotely look alike - there is a vague (I point out "vague") simlarity in general shape, but damit man that's just nit-picking...

Same as the WC:p Tiamat and the Animatrix one, there is a vague simlarity.

Erm, the Tie Interceptor was a joke. :) The Tiamat does look very damn similar though.

wow haven't posted here in while but anyway...
the tiamat looking machine is some sort of tunneler (i think) and the extensions are its legs

no, ur confusing the matrix reloaded with something u haven't seen. get the animatix and watch the 2nd, and 3rd episodes.
they are completely different machines.

Maeda was the same guy who did the Blue Submarine No. 6 anime, among other things - quite an interesting, experimental work.

I have to say, the Not-Tiamat does look pretty damn appropriate - if I needed a background ship for The Matrix on short notice and I had to use a WC design, the Tiamat would be at the top of my list.

Back