myJEMM

I can't make it work. So far I only get the 'error code 2'. Anyone knows what that means? I'm using W98. Haven't tried it but could it be I've not installed the game in the default folder? I suppose it is not something so simple :)

Thanks for your help.

Zhak.

I was pleasantly suprised at how well MyJemm worked on my computer (AMD Athlon 1.33 GHz, 512MB RAM, WinME). It worked the first time, with no tweaking necessary (example trying to force some more conventional memory into the mix, the MyJemm ReadMe had a caution about Conv Memory and WinME).

Speech/Sound effects do NOT work (I have a SoundBlaster Live! Value, NO DOS emulation is available for the Value version as far as I know). It results in an immediate crash-back-to-windows ("illegal operation" message/applet) as soon as the first speech bytes would have occured in the opening movie (I have the Priv/RF CDROM version). (I doubt if there is any help for this, but if anyone knows of anything..... (?) ... the only setup option that I tried was SpeechCard="SB16"). Sidenote: Sound effects (laser blasts, engine noise) DO seem to work at first (at least in the intro movie), the crash occurs upon *speech*.

Music seems to work flawlessly (setup="General MIDI"), and the game seems to run well if I define SpeechCard=NONE.

My JOYSTICK is "confabulated"! Or perhaps we could say "SusanSarandonated"! Even when re-calibrating it in-game/in-flight (ALT-o), the game only reads DOWN and LEFT movement. I can't steer the ship UP or RIGHT at all. I have a Microsoft Precision Pro; even though it IS USB-Capable via the adapter I have it plugged directly into my SoundBlaster Live! Value gameport (maybe thats the problem? shrug - dunno). Selecting Mouse Control works, but response is sluggish and my wrist hurts after a while. I have not tried playing Privateer keyboard-only yet, shrug, maybe that is an option.

=====
The perfect solution will be for some day for a reverse-engineering guru to simply create a Windows version, with jerryrigged DirectX code for the soundcard problems and for some people apparantly having joystick problems.

My JEMM not working

Heeeelllllllllpppppppp!!!!!!!!!
I've done everything I can think of but I can't get Myjemm to recognize the emm386. I don't get it.

Akkakkbar said:
Heeeelllllllllpppppppp!!!!!!!!!
I've done everything I can think of but I can't get Myjemm to recognize the emm386. I don't get it.

Your name sounds familiar...

Anyway, to help you I need to know what error message are you getting and you could also post your config.sys.

Back