My WC travels

Well, it's got all the same cultural heritage as regular India... but with a significantly lower chance of a Pakistani nuclear attack!

There are probably no known songs about this godforsaken place. But there are hundreds about Rio de Janeiro.

Actually, in America, the long distance buses (Greyhound, basically) have bathrooms built in. So you can't get off for bathroom breaks, either. At least on the few trips I've taken by Greyhound, they usually stop halfway so everyone can get out and buy lunch.

We have bathrooms in our buses too. Actually, last time I travelled by bus (which was last weekend), I was in a bus with huge seats that reclined about 150° and had those large feet rests. It also had very strong air conditioning, blankets, pillows, a decente, clean bathroom, water and coffe, movies during the day and you got a snak bag when boarding.

No no no, you're going about this all wrong. What you're supposed to do is use the common rhetorical technique of complaining about how you need to carry your buses, by hand, across leech-infested rivers, uphill both ways, and how damn it, you liked it.

Axle Rose wrote "welcome to the Jungle" about his Stay in the IU penitentiary. (sp?)

Many of John Mellencamps songs are about Seymour, Indiana (which is 15 minutes from where I live, and the location of the building where I work)

of course, someone has already mentioned Gary, Indiana. Then, there's the infamous "Indiana, Our Indiana"

Back Home again (the Indy 500 theme)...

need I go on? (BTW- I got a 104% in music appreciation...;))

My brother goes to IU, so they'll probably trick me into going to visit Bloomington at some point.

GeeBot said:
Actually, in America, the long distance buses (Greyhound, basically) have bathrooms built in. So you can't get off for bathroom breaks, either. At least on the few trips I've taken by Greyhound, they usually stop halfway so everyone can get out and buy lunch.

Lunch is the greatest American institution.

No, no, no. Lunch is the greatest American institution. George Washington invented it. By the time he and his men were done annihilating the British as they slept after crossing the great, wide and frigid Delaware, he had his men steal the britons' stuff. When they accounted for all the food they stole, George Washington remembered that they had missed breakfast in order to make their wicked awesome assault. So, he had his men eat and was all like, "Tis lunch."

... now you know.

Bandit Loaf- my band does a lot of weekend playing in Bloomington some night. if you'd care too, email me with the date of your prospective bloomington visit (of the future!!!! dun dun dun) and i'll see what the band has going on. I'd love to meet some of the people from this forum...we've had similar meets on AF.com and drumcenterforum.com and they've all been complete successes!

oh, by the way, my email is www.stuff_drummer@yahoo.com

Back