My IQ is 124...

Dyret

Super Carrot!
I just took tickle's IQ test.

Here is the email i got:

Dyret, you are a Precision Processor.

This means you're exceptionally good at discovering quick solutions to problems, especially ones that involve math or logic. You're also resourceful and able to think on your feet.

They didn't send the actual rating by email so i had to see it online.

Unfortunatly, i don't have any good excuse for acting stupid anymore. :(
Has anyone else taken the test? And if so, what is your IQ?

I think the fact that you gave your e-mail address to an internet popup company in order to find out how smart you are pretty much answers that question without having to full in any e-forms.

Heh. There are several online companies like that. One of them I saw, after taking the test was they gave you the number. Then they wanted you to pay $20 to pay for an enhanced report on what you were smart at.

Honestly, these days, I think it's mostly a scam. They say you're a genius or near-genius so they can gather marketing material to spam you, or to sell (face it - email addresses of a captive audience sell for $$$).

I think the real source would be Mensa. At least they have a good reason to give you a low score. The internet ones want to sell you stuff, and thus make you feel like a genius, so why don't you buy some exclusive "I'm a Genius!" gear?

I'd not bet that Mensa is all that much better. Sides they'd also want you membership fee ;-)

The one mensa test I took (and it was a true mensa test) was very hard and quite unlike these other IQ tests that you find out there on the net. I don't remember my score but I certainly didn't hit the "genius" level.

Bandit LOAF said:
I think the fact that you gave your e-mail address to an internet popup company in order to find out how smart you are pretty much answers that question without having to full in any e-forms.

Actually, it was my hotmail adress.

I guess I'm not enough of an e-genius to figure out what you think the difference between hotmail and e-mail is.

This isn't my lunch, it's a sandwhich!

I really must find out where LOAF gets his great, biting analogies from

Lots of people use hotmail accounts as garbage addresses for email they don't want but may still have to check to get an activation code or the like, so it isn't necessarily a bad idea.

Wolf Dog said:
Lots of people use hotmail accounts as garbage addresses for email they don't want but may still have to check to get an activation code or the like, so it isn't necessarily a bad idea.

Throwaway email address it may be, it's still an email address; and in reality, the score doesn't do you much good anyways, unless you're trying to get into MENSA - and they do their own testing, which is somewhat more accurate than this one.

Back