My first encounter with the Concordia's AMG

Didn't we see it in a cutscene or something blow away Goddard? I get the impression that it was a ball-shaped weapon, maybe with a bit of a tail, sorta like the Midway's bug gun. But it's been a long time since I've watched it.

Nope - the first cutscene in Secret Missions is the one showing the burning remains of Goddard.

There's a cutscene that starts out Secret Missions SNES with the Kilrathi gathered around a glowing ball thing... maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Would the Gravitic Flux Cannon (?) that the Sivar packed around be a beam, a ball, or some sorta freaky wave-shooting thing like you would find in a side-scroller?

Proton Accelerator Gun. I'd assume that it'd be a ball, since it's the same technology as the Phase Transit Cannon.

Its funny because I also remember the AMG's destroying the Concordia once or twice. I also remember the Concordia getting torpedoed once or twice too... In fact if I recall correctly, I actually got in the way of the PTC and thats why the Concordia lost...

Oh yeah...
The PTC still has the highest friendly fire kill ratio of all capships for me. Not even the Cerberus got me down that often...

Bandit LOAF said:

There's a cutscene that starts out Secret Missions SNES with the Kilrathi gathered around a glowing ball thing... maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Can you rip that movie LOAF and upload it? :p

Sadly, my video capture rig was killed in action doing high-res transfers of Academy videos. Until I can figure out whats wrong with her, I can't grab any more video from consoles.

O.K. sorry for asking now but I havent been around for a loooong time.What happened to the Wing Commander Bible ?Have you scanned it ?

Nah, burning the DivX WCAs is no problem - I have (or rather had (G)) a separate machine set up for video capture.

I tried to destroy/ram (in invulnerable mode) the TCS Concordia many a time, and failed miserably on all the occasions that I remember. Not even the Mace seemed mighty enough to take her out.

That reminds me, the scene in episode 13 of WCA TV where Maniac blows the guts out of the Kilrathi dreadnought... I wonder where they got the inspiration for that scene? :)

I like beam weapons. the shrieking rays of doom in FS2 are REALLY scary.
And they rock in HW too.

Bean weapons are another matter entirelly.

Nope. George Washington is waiting to lead the troops in a boarding attack, fighting against the Kilrathi to capture their ship and crew, all the while convincing the cats that surrender is preferable to all of that "honorable death" mumbo-jumbo they've been told about all their lives.

The concordia was always a tough ship to lose compared to some of the other carriers that we've had to defend. On certain occasions the tiger's claw was really hard...

Back