Movie best parts!

Originally posted by Wedge009
I knew it was a movie, I just thought it sounds silly. If only because 'boot' is a type of footwear.

If it were in english, you would be correct. But in German, boot means boat!

"Boot" is German for "boat"...

"U-Boot" is an abbreviation for "Untersee-Boot" i.e. SUB-marine...

"Untersee" means "below the sea", hence the name "boat for below the sea"... :)

I do believe that I can now outtalk my german teacher!!! oh wait.... I don't have a german teacher......oh well....

Hey, no problem... :)

I'm always happy to provide help in the wonderful languages of ITALIAN, FRENCH, GERMAN, and SPANISH...

Dragon can help the community with Portuguese... ;)

Come on folks, you couldn't figure out what boot means? Or untersee? Its basically English with a few differences (or should I say English is German with a bit of Latin/Celtic/Gaelic mix).

Just like Italian, French, Spanish, Portugeuse and to some extent Romanian are all Latin languages :)

And wouldn't a sub hiding from a destroyer (a spaceship hiding from another spaceship in an asteroid field) be common practice in space battles to come? You'd use everything at your disposal to fight/survive.

If that meant hiding in an asteroid field, so be it.

Azrael: The Concordia did not land on an asteroid, went on stealth mode and then a Kilrathi destroyer started to bombard it from above to make them appear. The Concordia just flew into an asteroid field and kept couse with the asteroids.
It is true though, that it happened in SW, too. I forgot that. But Solo's Falcon is not a carrier and it were fighters that dropped bombs and there it appeared not as silly to me as in the WC movie.
But I should clarify: The movie itself was not too bad but as a fan I was disappointed because I could not indentify it with the games. And that Pilgrim story really annoyed me. Really, really. :mad:
Nevertheless I bought the American DVD, because it is WC after all. but it is a bit annoying because on my German DVD player the quality is not that good. :(

It was the Tiger Claw that was hiding in the asteriod field, not the concordia (how can it he there and delay the kilrathi, and be on it's way to Earth...)

No, he's talking about Wing Commander 2 -- where the Concordia hid in an asteroid field to undergo repairs...

Originally posted by Wedge009
If it means smashing yourself in said asteroid field, then so be it. :)

Better to give yourself a 50% chance of surviving in a field than a 0% chance of getting slagged by a cruiser! (assuming you have no defences)

Or, are you into suicide missions?

Why go out in a blaze of glory, when you can hide for a while and then come back and continue to kick some ass?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
No, he's talking about Wing Commander 2 -- where the Concordia hid in an asteroid field to undergo repairs...
Yes, thanks for clearing it up while I was away.

No, I meant that Isaid something which wasn't meant to be serious, and redwolf replied assuming it was. So :p to you.

You still don't get it Wedge, do you? :)

Meeeeeeeeekt!! Get up, and give me hand with this guy!!! :p

Back