Movie Action Figures and Fighters

Cashcleaner

Spaceman
Hey all, just wanted to know how possible would it probably to find any of the fighter kits they made for the toy line after the wing commander movie. I got the whole set of action figs, but I'm sure there must be some fighters out there somewhere. Any ideas?

Although, I am sure most would rather not think to far back to that horrible cinematic nightmare.

Unfortunately, the fighters were never produced -- only a pair of hand-made prototypes exists.

Heeeyyy . . . I bet we might be able to get Origin to authorize some WC model kits . . just like model cars, but they'd be (canon) wc ships. . . like a Model hornet . . rapier . . hellcat . . scimitar . . even that stupid Dragon. They'd probably make a lot of money doing that, because enough fans would buy them, and they'd possibly buy more than one. Heck, I'd buy a handful of ships myself.

Really good idea. I would buy dozens of WC2-3 design inspired figures and models: Prince Thrakhath, Bloodfang, Dralthi and a Vaktoth. May be 'Nephilim' ships too. ;-)

Eahr... what is it? A dream... too bad. :-(

If only they did come in kits... Then I would have a pseudo-tarmac on the dining table with a dozen Broadswords, eight Sabres, and a bunch of other fighters.

But, if wishing for a fighter, why not wish for a model Tigers Claw or Concordia?

Sure, why not ask for the whole damned world while we're at it, you greedy bastard!

Just kidding. I think it would REALLY rule to have a model of all the cap ships, but, I would want them to be true-to-scale with the fighters . . . of course, it would be about the size of one's house, most likely, and take approximately 1.4 years to complete. But, damn, how awesome would THAT be?

I'd love to be able to make a copy of the Dralthi and Rapier from the films. Are there any ways we can get our hands on their specs and possibly hand craft them ourselves? I saw the pictures and hot damn they look awesome! Would go well on my shelves and desks in my room along side my other models.

You know, it's surprising with the success of WC in the past that there wasn't a model or toy line developed. I've been wanting that since 1990... the good ol' days...

Hey....Now that I think of it...

I am a miniature caster and mold maker. I also have access to miniature mold and casting material. I am sure that I could probably get a few metal fighter models pressed in relatively short time. The only problem is getting a hold of some sculpts in which to make the molds. Anyone good with green modelling putty in here by any chance?

Strange that I never thought of that before.

DyNaMiX said:
I'd love to be able to make a copy of the Dralthi and Rapier from the films. Are there any ways we can get our hands on their specs and possibly hand craft them ourselves? I saw the pictures and hot damn they look awesome! Would go well on my shelves and desks in my room along side my other models.
I'm working on my own movi Rapier model right now. I'm building it out of a BAC Lightning kit that Hasegawa produces. I've been taking pictures and trying to put together some instructions as I go. One problem that has arisen, though, is that the kit does not enough extra parts to fill in for a lot of stuff, like the fuel tank or engines.
You should be able to cut the wings from the kit's wings and the part frames can be cut and used for the barrels of the Neutron gun. I've been using a wood burning kit to create the barrel openings, and it even creates just the right amount of lip at the end.
It will also take a lot of modeling putty to plug all the holse that aren't supposed to be open. And a Dremel helps immensely. :D

Why on God's green earth (or anywhere else) are you idiots obsessed with that damned WCM shitbird Rapier? It looks like a penis with wings! What a joke.

Oh gosh if someone made those models and sold them I would pay good money for them!!

I'd pretty much be interested in the Tiger's Claw (I refuse to accept Tiger Claw), the Rapier and the Dralthi, perhaps even the Kilrathi capital ships.

I once collected MicroMachines. I have a good sized collection of Star Wars and Military vehicles, but I always wished that they would make some Wing Commander fighters.

overmortal said:
Why on God's green earth (or anywhere else) are you idiots obsessed with that damned WCM shitbird Rapier? It looks like a penis with wings! What a joke.
I'd like to see what Sigmund Freud would have to say about this. ;)
Only kidding!
I'm doing the movie Rapier simply because I can, and the kit was cheap. I'm really trying to hone my skills for a Raptor model. On both I'm going to have to fashion a lot of stuff from scratch, particularly on the Raptor. So the movie Rapier is really just practice.

overmortal said:
You just described how most of the flying vehicles of today look too and I don't think I'd call our fighting aircraft of today shitbirds. It also appears that the Rapier from the movie was built around its gatling neutron gun, same as the A-10 and its 30mm Gatling gun. I actually think it looks like a miniature version of the our Thud'. For a little comparison . . .

C-ya

Attachments

• realliverapier.jpg
    realliverapier.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 158
  • 0415a10.jpg
    0415a10.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 133
Back