Most Average Fighter?

Hmm, Hellcat V, Hornet or Scimitar I think.
Although, the Hellcat V was so incredibly boring, I'd classify it as a bad fighter.

When average has no negative connotation, I'd go with the Scimitar and Hornet. Both were ok to fly but offered nothing fancy, though the Hornet was more average then the Scimitar I'd say.

What about the Dralthi II hatred? It's been a long time but wasn't the Dralthi II either equal (weapon systems, protection) or superior (speed, agility) to the Scimitar?

And I never thought I'd see the day when someone describes the Wasp as being average. I can understand that for the Vindicator (even though it's my second favourite ship, behind the Rapier from WC2) but the Wasp?
For WCP it'd be the Piranha.

The Dralthi II we flew in the Secret Missions add-on had slightly better speed than the Scim and matched its 2 MDs, but worse protection, not to mention a cluttered cockpit view (before KS added the invisible cockpit option to WC1/2, anyway) with limited viewing area that hindered situational awareness.

Hm, can we really say that the Piranha and Wasp are average?

I think there are used for to specific missions (recon & anti-bomber missions) and therefore not classified as "normal" fighter...

Or am I wrong?

Deacan said:
Hm, can we really say that the Piranha and Wasp are average?

I think there are used for to specific missions (recon & anti-bomber missions) and therefore not classified as "normal" fighter...

Or am I wrong?

Prefabbly, the Pirahna is like a Mega-Arrow, if the Arrow can be classed as average, the Pirahna sure can! I prefer flying Pirahnas against protect-the-midway missions, there fast and they don't get shot often, so less one worry, just focus on protecting and you'll stay up fine, the StormFire also packs a wallop and the Ion/Lasers are also not bad.

As for the Wasp, they're just a slightly better gunned version of the Tiger-Shark plus the booster pod, but a little weak on the missile side.

Yes, I know what you are thinking, weak on the missiles? Slap on MORE of those Swarmers to keep me happy.

WC1: Hornet

WC2: I can't think of any fighters in WC2 that were average, they were either good or bad

WC3: Hellcat V

WC4: Dragon.... April Fools, Just kidding I'd say the Hellcat V again

WCP: Shrike

Star Rider said:
WCP: Shrike

why the shrike? its a big bad bomber...not average...

I would also see the good ol' scim as the most average fighter.
medium firepower with mass driver
medium shields and armor and medium speed/acceleration...
for the later Wing Commander games it would be the Hellcat for nearly the same reasons.

I really couldn't think of anything except the Shrike. If I had to pick another fighter from WCP as it's most average I'd say the Tigershark due to the fact that it's similar to the Hellcat V. Jack of all Traits master of none. I do agree with you though on the Scim it should be the most average fighter.

I agree with that pal, and I would say that the hellcat V could be the most average fighter og the whole Wing Commander Series...I mean you can fly it in 2 games...no other fighter (expect the rapier in different versions) could be flyin in more then one game.

*cough*WraithandArrowandJrathek*cough*

Damn, where'd I put that cough medicine I had...

Hmm, I think would add to that cough...the Phantom. It was pretty average to me. I liked it though. Nice combination of speed and weaponry...but still average.

Maj.Striker said:
Hmm, I think would add to that cough...the Phantom. It was pretty average to me. I liked it though. Nice combination of speed and weaponry...but still average.

from which game is the phantom? doesn't ring a bell for me...
armada?

Maj.Striker said:

The cough was referring to fighters besides the Hellcat that could be flown in more than one game. In addition to those three, we also fly the Dralthi in multiple games (Secret Ops is also a separate game from Prophecy that carried over the same ships).

Black-Wulf said:
from which game is the phantom? doesn't ring a bell for me...
armada?

Yes.

Black-Wulf said:
well I don't accept WCPSO as a "real" wing commander :p

You're obviously not real enough to realize that there is no "P" in WCSO, so pardon us for not accepting your opinion as mattering.

Black-Wulf said:
I mean you can fly it in 2 games...no other fighter (expect the rapier in different versions) could be flyin in more then one game.

You could fly the Thunderbolt in 2 games as well.

Lt.Death100 said:
Thunderbolt or Hellcat. (I'd list the Arrow but I LOVE light fighters)

i think the thud was great. it was good in close combat, alittle slow, but the deadly guns made up for it as you shot the poor cats in pieces. and you had a torpedo, very handy when you faced one of the big cap ships....

Back