Most Average Fighter?

Maj.Striker

Swabbie
Banned
After enduring thousands upon thousands of best/worst fighter threads...how about a Most Average Fighter (AVF) thread? This would be the ship that not really all that great but not really all that bad. It sits in the medium of the two extremes. My nomination is for the Scimitar.

...the tigershark - moderate speed, moderate guns, moderate shields... you can't do wrong inside this ship, but you can not win all battles...

:rolleyes:

PS: ...to tell the truth: I still love this vessel...

The Ferret was quite average. Those mass drivers could kill anything, and it's speed gave you an edge, but when the flak started flying you were out of luck. Is it just me or did the it feel more like fast medium fighter at times?

Deacan said:
...the tigershark - moderate speed, moderate guns, moderate shields... you can't do wrong inside this ship, but you can not win all battles...

Same fighter for me and the same motivation ;)

Vindicator. You had torps, but not quite enough shields and armor for a real torpedo runs, and the gun capacitor was too small to really make use of its tachyon cannons. On the flip side, you were as slow as a Thunderbolt with a weaker turret and weaker main guns, and only a smidgen more armor.

I think the Hellcat certaintly qualifies for this title. It's the fighter that introduces you to flying both in WC3 and WC4, and I personally enjoy flying the Hellcat more than some other members of this forum. The attributes of the ship made me feel like I had decent chances when taking on just about any fighter, so what could be more average than that?

Pirahna, this sucker can take on anything smaller than a Devil's Ray and has better shields and armor than the Arrow

Wasp, A combo of good guns and missiles, somehow weak on the missile side(there good, but theyre not enough)

My vote's for the Hellcat V. It had average speed, guns, shields, missiles...everything. If you added a torpedo mount, it could been sent on any mission. Not that it would be good at those missions. Jack of all trades...

Also, who else thinks they should have called the Tigershark "Hellcat VI"?

Yeah Im gonna go with the Scimitar. In the right hands it could do some damage yeah but Its just soo run of the mill

The Vindicator is too weid and cool to be average. Light tachyons? Three torps on a medium fighter?

I love the Arrow and the Ferret, as far as mid-range fighters go. both are tiny targets, and impossible to hit in a head on by all but the most difficult of AI pilots :p

I would say Tigershark, but it has heat seeking missiles and rocket pods. I LOVE heat seeking missiles in Prophecy/SO. Give me a ship with nothing but heatseekers, dumbfires, and mass drivers/tachyons, and I'll give you a lot of alien space debris.

I'd have to say the Shrike is really average. It has short effective range with full guns, doesn't do enough damage with the dual particle cannons to be worthwhile at range (especially with their mount points), isn't really heavily shielded, armored, or fast, has one laser turret, a few missiles, a few torpedoes, a few mines, and a stormfire for some long range fire as long as you have ammunition.

WC1 - Dralthi, but certainly NOT the Scimitar.
WC2 - Rapier
WC3 - Hellcat
WC4 - Vindicator
WCP - Tigershark

Back