More WC novels!

Ah, fan-fiction. Yes, I remember my telepathetic, Stingray-bearded fan-fiction days, which I've, fortunately, put behind me.

Not to mention being the reason that the CZers are stereotyped as fucking retards.

By whom?

I plan to ask Forstchen about why he didn't do a Prophecy novelization. Can anyone else think of anything to ask the man? I've only got 10 questions at most.

Originally posted by Dralthi5

Not to mention being the reason that the CZers are stereotyped as fucking retards.

By whom?
Apparently by all those using #WingNut and NOT the CZ...

[Edited by mpanty on 07-11-2001 at 10:43]

What it meant for him to write WC.
How much he liked the story, which was nearly completely given by the games...
What he thinks about the chancelled serie.
Whether he'd like very much to write on...why he doesn't do.
(Whether/why Origin should in his eyes continue...)
What he'd do if he had no given plot by the games (maybe a new story/war).What he'd have changed at the games/story if he could...
Whether it was a good idea to write books about such a game...
Whether he identifies himself with it (ie: Do you like the ideas, the world which is presented).
Would you like to live in that world? Why/why not.
Can you imagine the future to be like it is presented in the games...or what do you think will be equal/different.
I know 3/4 of the questions are trash but maybe there's one or so, which you can use. That were the ones, which i found in that minute, I couldn't write as fast as I thought.
Maybe i still find more, if I think longer about it.

Originally posted by mpanty
Apparently by all those using #WingNut and NOT the CZ...
If they have fun with it. Let them their opinion.
I don't feel dropped by it, because they don't know what they miss.

Wingnut :eek:
I read the introduction, I understood nearly nothing. :(
But using it at August 10th...just the question: HOW??????
*lol*

mpanty: #WingNut guys? Ah, who cares?

LeHah: What questions do you have? And just remember not to inundate the poor man with 'em. ;)

The running joke on IRC is that CZers are morons... but it's a *joke* -- everybody who chats in #WingNut posts to the CZ too. Which is to say, stop being stupid, Tye.

And you, too, Dougie, that Forstchen thing was probably the stupidest thing ever posted to the CZ.

And that includes everything posted by Ziggy Stardust.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

And you, too, Dougie, that Forstchen thing was probably the stupidest thing ever posted to the CZ.

And that includes everything posted by Ziggy Stardust.
Who is meant with Dougie /Ziggy Stardust? :(

Ziggie Stardust was a guy who wrote WC fanfiction worse than Bruce Tannock. At least Tannock's stuff was fun to make fun of...

You too can read "The Collected works of Ziggy Stardust" in the CIC Articles section. That's where I read about him.

Okay, alright, sorry for the less-than-witty anecdote. I would call it more disgusting than stupid, but evidently a lot of people here are as tightly wound as a certain ship captain who gets rammed by a strakha. I would ask you not to judge me by one silly joke which clanged, because I find that hurtful. I make mistakes, I'm only human. Enough said.

I think it'd be difficult to novelise the Prophecy era, since the Nephilim are so underdeveloped compared to, say, the Kilrathi. Maybe if someone were to come along who wished to develop the aliens then that would be great but there is very little to go on, and I don't think Forstchen would particularly enjoy developing the Nephilim the same way he developed the Kilrathi (brilliantly).

However, the Plunkett-class cruiser (and Plunkett II in the fan-made patches) is perhaps the coolest capship ever in a WC game. *thump* *thump*

Why don't we go with our original idea for a new novel?

I thought were going to have a novel about Blair & Burgstrom getting involved together as a secret couple:) I mean, a story about an Admiral secretly dating a Cadet is sure to bring in sales. We'll have the novel start immediately following "Chain of Command" and fit the novel to work with the rest of the Animated Series. We could also have Maniac compete against Blair to get Burgstrom's attention & affection. And to make the story even more interesting, we could have all the pilots compete to be top gun. Then we'll have their relationship end by Burgstrom getting killed and then another novel can emerge that talks about Blair & Angel.

By the way, I plan on getting what I call permarried -- permanently married. I believe for my personal life that marriage doesn't end after one or both spouses die, but rather the two are still married. I just hope I find the right girlfriend to tie the knot.

Also, include some gumtorps, mecha drone boarders, etc.

We could try my idea for gumtorps, mecha drone boarders, and other unusual equipment for space actions. That would be nice to load a stormfire with gumshells. We could have a few Broadswords fire gumtorps at capships to keep their guns from training on boarding vessels. Then, we'll send in the mecha boarding drones. Mecha boarding drone has following features:

*Remotely piloted by Marine forces
*Has plastic fletchette gun to shoot Kilrathi
*can be disabled instantly if comms are blocked by ECMs

Now, we'll use the capship that's taken by the mecha boarders as a recon ship. It'll jump through before the Tiger's Claw to find safe hiding places for the Claw.

We'll also have some blindflashers -- big flashes designed to blind visual sighting systems of capships.

And we can have decoy units to divert fighters away from our real units. I'm sure any Kilrathi captain would immediatley send his fighters out if he saw about a couple dozen Broadswords inbound for his capship!

Originally posted by Dougie
I think it'd be difficult to novelise the Prophecy era, since the Nephilim are so underdeveloped compared to, say, the Kilrathi.

Well, thats why we want a novel, so that we can have a developed characterization of the Nephilim and not have them as cliches and cardboard like, say, the characters in the Final Fantasy film. (Terrific visuals and score, utterly destroyed by lack of story, dialouge and characterization)

Back