Midway Class: Undergunned?

Ya that booster kicks! But its a one time thing and you cant cycle it, its either on or off, and once its gone, its gone. Be neat if it could cycle like an afterburner.

RFBurns

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
15 fighters comes from the stats Origin posted for the new SO ships back when SO was new.

Any chance we could get the rest of the stats if they aren't already available elsewhere?

*POD*

TERRAN CONFEDERATION

PLUNKETT
General Specifications:
Operator: Terran Confederation
Type: Cruiser
Dimensions:
Length: 1200m
Crew: 800
Max. Fighter Compliment: 15
Shuttles: 5
Maximum Cruise Velocity: 240 kps
Class: Plunkett
Armament: 1 x Triple Mount Mk4 Heavy Plasma Cannon
3* x Triple Mount Mk2 Heavy Particle Cannon
6 x Dual Mount Tachyon Cannon
15 x Dual Mount Heavy Laser Cannon
Built: 30
Active: 26
Hangar Bay: 1

*The original layout of the Plunkett class cruisers mounted 2 anti-fighter missile turrets in place of the 2 particle cannon turrets on the center pylon.

Ships
( 30 )

PLUNKETT
FARNAHM
CERNAN (destroyed)
BORMAN (destroyed)
HAISE
MITCHELL
BANNOCKBURN
ADELAIDE
TERESHKOVA
RUKAVISHNIKOV
IVANOV
POPOV
FARKASH
KUBASOV
AKSYONOV
PYTLIVY (destroyed)
RADUGA
RASTOROPNY
RAZITELNY
RAZYASHCHY
RAZUMNY
RESITELNY
RETIVY
REVNOSTNY
REZKY
MOGAMI
KUMANO (destroyed)
MIKUMA
ATAGO
TAKAO

Development

Shortly after her commisioning, the Plunkett and two sister-ships (Cernan, Borman) were involved in a brief skirmish with a group of pirate corvettes. Through the course of the engagement, the Cernan and the Borman were destroyed as the faster and more manueverable corvettes repeatedly flanked the two cruisers. The Plunkett was eventually able to force the remaining pirate vessels to disengage, and returned to port with heavy damage. Following this encounter, all the remaining ships in the class were scheduled for refit, which involved removing the two missile turrets, strengthening the pylon and mounting the particle cannons.

LOAF, are those your stats or the "official" ones? IIRC the 16 dual mounts on either side of the main wedge are turreted tachyon (making it a rather nasty ship to fly into) and the remaining assorted turrets near the bridge and engine are lasers, for missile interception and whatnot I guess.

Wow! 1200m of length for a Cruiser! Seems a bit oversized...
And I do not buy that story about a couple of corvettes destroying 2 Cruisers and damaging another one heavily. Well, I guess I have to buy it, since it is official. But it must has been a major blow to Confed and that bloe dealt by pirates!
BTW, does the Plunkett in-game actually have Tachyon turrets? I only remember seeing it fire with Laser turrets.
But, anyway I would also appreciate it, if Bandit could post those stats for the Murphy and whatever ships there are.

Oh and iCe: How many carriers in the fleet of 2669 do you know? :)

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 02-28-2001 at 14:08]

Back