Medium Civilian Station WIP

I think we've got more than enough variety for now. Anyhow - I've done the preliminary texturing on the Station core - it's not 100%, and keep in mind that the in-game textures will be slightly more blurry. These textures haven't been baked yet.
Feed back appreciated - especially if it's bad.

Attachments

• CVMD_35.jpg
    CVMD_35.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 258
  • CVMD_36.jpg
    CVMD_36.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 249
  • CVMD_37.jpg
    CVMD_37.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 269
Okay - Started on the main big upper module. This is loads of fun, guys.

Attachments

• CVMD_38.jpg
    CVMD_38.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 240
  • CVMD_39.jpg
    CVMD_39.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 218
  • CVMD_40.jpg
    CVMD_40.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 239
Okay, one more. Now with Glowmap! (No post processing in this - it's just a simple Diffuse, Bump and Glow. Nothing else.)

Attachments

• CVMD_41.jpg
    CVMD_41.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 267
Damnit! I can't let it go. Last one for tonight, I promise. God, I love this.

Attachments

• CVMD_44.jpg
    CVMD_44.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 312
  • CVMD_43.jpg
    CVMD_43.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 235
  • CVMD_42.jpg
    CVMD_42.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 242
Newer thought that I could say this about some piece of graphics -- It's soo sexy! :) Nevertheless, maybe some more windows and with various levels of inner illumination for hyperrealistic look? But still, it's very beautiful as it is now!

Wow great work guys, seems things have been progressing really well since I last dropped in =)

Keep up the good work!

Yeah, I hope to complete the texturing on most of these by Monday. Should be pretty easy and fun. I do have to ask, though - does the texturing style still "Feel" wing comandery? I'm thinking the bump maps are too pronounced, and the spec map is too strong. Any opinons one way or another are welcome.

Okay - here's where I got to tonight. More coming tomorrow.

Attachments

• CVMD_50.jpg
    CVMD_50.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 252
  • CVMD_51.jpg
    CVMD_51.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 253
Thanks. Well, I've put together another module real quickly - the fuel cells. I had forgotten about these bad-boys.
Anyhow. Does anyone have any suggestions as to colors or general feel of this? I've thrown on in with a more WC1-esque green color for some contrast. I know it's the Confederation Navy's color scheme, and this is a civilian Landriech base, but any input on this would be welcome!
Also, some Camels. This is a big station at this point - though not the biggest.

Attachments

• CVMD_54.jpg
    CVMD_54.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 251
  • CVMD_55.jpg
    CVMD_55.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 266
  • CVMD_56.jpg
    CVMD_56.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 315
  • CVMD_57.jpg
    CVMD_57.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 249
I'm not sure I care for how the fuel tanks angle outward. Otherwise it's looking good.

Howard Day said:
Anyhow. Does anyone have any suggestions as to colors or general feel of this?

It would look good, IMO if it had these black/yellow bevel stripes (like "Caution!") on its edges. Other than that (and it goes also to other station parts) you could also play with parts of stations/cells' coating metal plates, which could be of different shades of the same color.

Howard Day said:
Anyhow. Does anyone have any suggestions as to colors or general feel of this?
well, for the tanks I'd suggest either an orange color like the fuel tank on the space shuttle or to keep even more closely with 2654, maybe they should be the color of the tanks carried by diligents

I don't remember reading anything about landreich paint schemes, and if they arent in the books then they shouldnt be green, red or black, so as to avoid conflicting with confed, the kilrathi or pirates

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay - I definately like the diligent's color suggestion - mainly because it's pretty much the same tank. Nice. Also more caution tape. Gotcha.Good stuff.

It would look nice if the modules were somewhat dirty as well (space dust, micrometeoroid erosion)--remember, the FRLR can't afford to repaint everything all the time.

Okay - the hangar's next. I'm going to leave the tilted Fuel cells alone for now.. I like the angles, and with them set to be straight it just a bit too much vertical up/down stuff going on. Anyway, the hangar is going to be drawing some inspiration from the original Tiger's Claw Hangar, as well as from the excellent model Marc just showed.
Also - I've added stars, at the somewhat indirect request of Chris. I think it looks much better.

Later.

Attachments

• CVMD_60.jpg
    CVMD_60.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 365
Howard Day said:
Or something very similar to it, yes.

Ok, then i got a humble suggestion: -- might be seen as a little bit meticulous ;) -- isn't there too much of those cross-like stars on this starfield. I realize that it is something quite familiar to WC series, something we got used to -- but I guess 5 or 6 of these on that visible part of starfield is ok, but this quantity seems to me a little bit overdone.

Count this post rather to "general ideas" thread than to something connected with Medium Civilian Station WIP topic :)

Plasteel Skull said:
isn't there too much of those cross-like stars on this starfield. I realize that it is something quite familiar to WC series, something we got used to

Which is probably why he put them there in the first place. No point in messing with that... besides, I love them. :)

Back