McDonalds has a new bacon cheeseburger

HAHAHAHAHHAHHHHAA

Look at that bacon! CAn you even see the meat?? i think I can. See the thin streak in the middle? hehehee

Still, for 1$, Id buy it. Mmmm.

And Macdonalds fries suck now at least in the UK. They have really gone downhill. Burger King is much better.

My god... that looks horrible...

I work at Wendy's and well... nothing ever leaves looking that bad, and only $99 at my work as well.

But ugghhh...

Edx said:
Look at that bacon! CAn you even see the meat??

That might actually be because the bacon is relatively large.

Dumpshock said:
I work at Wendy's and well... nothing ever leaves looking that bad, and only $99 at my work as well.

Wow, only $99.

In the UK we have something called "Wimpy" which does excellent burgers & fries. But you sit down, your order gets taken, your meal is brought to you on a proper plate. Hmmm. We've kinda missed the point of fast food haven't we?

Mind you way out here in rural England fast food means hoping the pheasant that just went under your car is still edible. :D

terroshak said:
In the UK we have something called "Wimpy" which does excellent burgers & fries. But you sit down, your order gets taken, your meal is brought to you on a proper plate. Hmmm. We've kinda missed the point of fast food haven't we?

The point's to get food fast and cheap. We have sit-down restaurants and things that make fancy burgers too.

Bandit LOAF said:
I went to a rare surviving Roy Rogers today -- they have a burger with ham as a topping.

Are you in Maryland? The last time I ate at a Roy Rogers was at a reststop off of the highway somewhere near Laurel.

ChrisReid said:
The point's to get food fast and cheap. We have sit-down restaurants and things that make fancy burgers too.

Yes, but Wimpy tried to set themselves up in direct competition to McD's and call themselves fast-food. It'd be okay if they were just trying to be a restaurant or cafe or whatever, but they call themselves a fast-food place and take 1/2 hour to serve you your meal!

Mind you even in McDonalds drive-through in this country anything more complicated than hamburger and fries has you sat parked by the window for ages! I guess Brits should stick to Fish & Chips or Egg & Bacon Sarnies. Now those we can do darn well! :D

I ll go with native fastfood most of the time as McDonalds and the likes are quite expensive around here with 5 Euros something for a menu.

Dragon1 said:
Are you in Maryland? The last time I ate at a Roy Rogers was at a reststop off of the highway somewhere near Laurel.

I am in Maryland, home visiting my family for the holidays. The one I went to today was in Frederick... and I know there's one in Gaithersburg and one inside one of the gates at BWI.

Bandit LOAF said:
I went to a rare surviving Roy Rogers today -- they have a burger with ham as a topping.

Christ, I have to basicly drive to Massachusetts to find a Roy Rodgers. Theres one off of I-84 just short of the state line. I haven't seen another one like it since about 1995. I really, really miss their chicken.

Now that you mention it, LOAF, back when I was still in Brazil there were a lot of local places (in Minas Gerais, that is) that used ham as a topping for a hamburger (not to mention corn, peas, or shoestring potatoes, which I have never seen on hamburgers in the U.S.A. It's a surprisingly good combo, if I do say so myself, but people look at me funny here if I prepare my burger that way.). However, I have yet to see ham used as a topping in the United States. Have any of you seen it any place other than a Roy Rogers?

At the same time, I never recall having mustard as a topping in Minas Gerais. Do you cariocas use mustard over in Rio, Delance? (Great, now I'm hungry for a X-Tudo).

ChrisReid said:
That might actually be because the bacon is relatively large.
hehe, well if you count all that fat as bacon then maybe it is a large piece of bacon;)

Zelvik said:
I ll go with native fastfood most of the time as McDonalds and the likes are quite expensive around here with 5 Euros something for a menu.

They charge you 5 Euros just for a menu? :eek:

I'll second the Whataburger nod. I just wish there was a Whataburger closer to me than the one in Jackson, MS.

Grimloc said:
I'll second the Whataburger nod. I just wish there was a Whataburger closer to me than the one in Jackson, MS.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again: The A-1 Thick and Hearty Burger is the best hamburger ever made.

Bandit LOAF said:
I am in Maryland, home visiting my family for the holidays. The one I went to today was in Frederick... and I know there's one in Gaithersburg and one inside one of the gates at BWI.
Hmm, going kinda off-topic, I guess this is the point where I'm supposed to remind you about checking the 3DO WC3 to see if you can make out the Hellcat's designation number (and screenshots of other 3DO stuff you mentioned, Kilrathi gun platforms and the like... and the WC2 Deluxe box art with court-martial Blair and a Gothri).

Back