McDonalds has a new bacon cheeseburger

Yeah, you can't get unlimited fries take-out. You have to sit there and eat fries until you're about to pop, then you ask for one more tray of fries and a box for your fancy burger.

Know whats odd? Connecticut lacks certain fast food joints. Theres none-too-many KFCs around and both White Castle and Popeyes are gone. As a trade off, we get Duchess which has some pretty great hot dogs but lousy french fries.

Personally, I'm more one for diner food or truck stops.

Costco's little cafeteria thing has the best deal on hot dogs. You get a huge quality hot dog and a drink for $1.50. Second only to the bacon-wrapped hot dogs that go for about $3 on the streets of LA.

I love Costcos hot dogs but I rarely feel like driving 40 minutes to get one. That place is always crazy crowded.

In germany, doner kebab stands have outranked every fast food chain, and there are no doner kebab chains. You know why, because all chains here are expansive and serve crap. Pizza Hut for example. If you take the mony you pay for one slice of pizza to go, and the calculate what you would have payed for the whole pizza, you can see that you could take the same money, go to an restaurant, eat your pizza there and have some drink and a salat too. McD's it's the same. yet, they are not this expansive but the food they serve can only be described as tastless, sterile and small... I guess the reason for this that in large parts of europe it is enough to spread some "american-like-atmosphere" to serve fastfood. you don't have to serve quality...

ChrisReid said:
Costco's little cafeteria thing has the best deal on hot dogs. You get a huge quality hot dog and a drink for $1.50. Second only to the bacon-wrapped hot dogs that go for about $3 on the streets of LA.

I've had Costco's hot dogs. Good, but the best part is it is a good deal. I prefer James Coney Island hot dogs because you have chili and cheese on both hot dog and french fries.

Well, the thing about the Costco ones that makes them so great is that they're not some baseball park sized dog. The Costco ones are pretty damn big - big enough that a lot of people don't bother with the free drink refills after eating one. Yeah, so Costcos only has relish and mustard and ketchup - but you also get about 3 normal sized hotdogs worth of meat for $1.50.

I've never had the ice cream there, though. A lot of people swear by it.

LeHah said:
Know whats odd? Connecticut lacks certain fast food joints. Theres none-too-many KFCs around and both White Castle and Popeyes are gone. As a trade off, we get Duchess which has some pretty great hot dogs but lousy french fries.

Personally, I'm more one for diner food or truck stops.

Well you're not missing anything with the White Castles...we call their burgers "Sliders" here. Ugh. We just got our first popeyes restaurant so I'm looking forward to trying that one out sometime.

Popeyes are growing up yonder ?!
The way they all died out down here I thought
they were going belly up .
No white castles down here in N.C. , We have
Krystals just about the same thing , only the "burgers"
are only 2/3rd's the size .

Yeah, Popeyes has suddenly been expanding into new markets in the last year. I don't really like them though.

ChrisReid said:
Only $1, but not quite up to Wendy's or Jack in the Box's standards.

mcdbaconcheeseburger.jpg
OMG this stuff looks awful.:(

Last edited by a moderator:
LeHah said:
Theres none-too-many KFCs around and both White Castle and Popeyes are gone.

That reminds me of Harold & Kumar go to White Castle, or as it's called in the UK, Harold & Kumar get the Munchies :D

Ptarmigan said:
I like Popeyes. They got good fried chicken. :D

That's all they have, and it's pretty mediocre compared to something like KFC. I can't stand bones in anything either.

ChrisReid said:
That's all they have, and it's pretty mediocre compared to something like KFC. I can't stand bones in anything either.

I just don't like KFC. That and the fact that the franchise in my town had a big fiasco with roaches in their food.

ChrisReid said:

I am surprised that there many Popeye's in your area. I see them a lot in my area.

I miss Subway. They tried expanding to Brazil but failed. I don't really know why, though. Could be management problems. Domino's Pizza is doing pretty well in Rio de Janeiro, but it's good for delivery, only. the stores themselves suck.

I found that the fast food palces in NY were kinda dinghy and dirty and scary, McDonald's looks a lot better here.

In PUC they "Fastway", which is a Subway makeshift in place of the old store. Still offers the same products.

Edfilho said:
I miss Subway. They tried expanding to Brazil but failed. I don't really know why, though. Could be management problems. Domino's Pizza is doing pretty well in Rio de Janeiro, but it's good for delivery, only. the stores themselves suck.

Eh, Dominos is a really cheap pizza chain...mediocre pizza but decent prices so I guess you get what you pay for.

Back